Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
My pick is Penguins vs Jets.

Jets win it in 6 :^)

Fixed it for you!
smile.gif

Both teams are off to a good start.
The surprising Knights will bear watching. The Bruins may have a good shot at it in the East.

I was at last Saturday's game, the Jets hosting the Hawks. The tragic bus crash in Saskatchewan had happened the day before. Before the game, the Jets and Hawks players stood in a circle, alternating by team. Every player's name bar had been replaced with one reading 'BRONCOS'. There were not too many dry eyes in the arena.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Anybody but the Penguins!

Hey, simple_gifts. Are you too young to remember the Hartford Whalers? Could have been your home team.

Ha, I'm old enough to remember the New England Whalers! (They were the WHA predecessor to the Hartford Whalers.)

Penguins win it in 6 :^)

I hope not...getting sick of the Penguins...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Penguins win it in 6 :^)

I hope not...getting sick of the Penguins...

Haters always gonna hate
smile.gif
J/k Grampi
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Number_35

Jets win it in 6 :^)

Fixed it for you!
smile.gif

Both teams are off to a good start.
The surprising Knights will bear watching. The Bruins may have a good shot at it in the East.

I was at last Saturday's game, the Jets hosting the Hawks. The tragic bus crash in Saskatchewan had happened the day before. Before the game, the Jets and Hawks players stood in a circle, alternating by team. Every player's name bar had been replaced with one reading 'BRONCOS'. There were not too many dry eyes in the arena.

Sir: I'm old enough to remember the "original Winnipeg Jets" and the old arena
smile.gif

If Penguins do lose, I'd go with Jets in 7 games for Stanley Cup win
34.gif
10.gif
08.gif

Lightning ( AKA the Rangers south ) have the depth to play with any team, I'm not sure who would come out of the west, I'm picking the Sharks.

Last edited:
Same old Filthadelthia Cryers today. They didnt show up and took like 10 penalties. Easy walk in park Penguins 5-1 win. This series will be over in 5
smile.gif

Nashville Predators will be knocked out tonight in Winnipeg. That will teach that moron Suban to run his mouth
smile.gif

Pens lose in 6 games. Team wore out from back to back Cups. Hope Lightning sweep scum called Capitals in 4

Pens lose in 6 games. Team wore out from back to back Cups. Hope Lightning sweep scum called Capitals in 4

Good thing I'm not a betting man ... I would never have called the Caps, who have choked so many times, to beat the Pens.

I hope you're right about the Jets closing it out tonight ... we don't want to go back to Nashville for Game 7!

When the Las Vegas Golden Knights win the Stanley Cup, will that be the first time in history a major sports expansion team won a national championship in their first year?

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
When the Las Vegas Golden Knights win the Stanley Cup, will that be the first time in history a major sports expansion team won a national championship in their first year?

I can't say w.r.t. other sports, but it sure hasn't been done in the NHL, unless one of the Original 6, or a long-defunct team, did it before my time.

I kept expecting the wheels to fall off the Golden Knights all season, and yet here they are, in the conference final.

The first big NHL expansion was in '67, when the NHL went from six to 12 teams. The first of those teams to win the Cup was Philly in '75.

If we were counting transplants, rather than new teams, we could cite the Colorado Avalanche who moved from Quebec City in '95 and won the Cup in Denver in '96.

Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Bolts FTW. 😁

Smart man
smile.gif
. Capitals and thugs they have wont take out Lightning at all

Lightning vs Jets I pray for

Originally Posted By: Number_35
Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ

I can't say w.r.t. other sports, but it sure hasn't been done in the NHL, unless one of the Original 6, or a long-defunct team, did it before my time.

I kept expecting the wheels to fall off the Golden Knights all season, and yet here they are, in the conference final.

The first big NHL expansion was in '67, when the NHL went from six to 12 teams. The first of those teams to win the Cup was Philly in '75.

If we were counting transplants, rather than new teams, we could cite the Colorado Avalanche who moved from Quebec City in '95 and won the Cup in Denver in '96.

No real sport team in first year has ever won a title from what Google tells me
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back