"Stanley Cup" mania courtesy of TikToc

Several of my 20 something co-workers were all jacked up about this stupid water bottle. I knew right away it was going to be another version of the Yeti cooler delirium. What the heck is wrong with people, who will literally fight in a store to grab the latest FAD off the shelf? Are people really that weak minded that they instantly obey marketing messages like a mindless drone? Same types are probably refusing to pay off their student loans.

Several of my 20 something co-workers were all jacked up about this stupid water bottle. I knew right away it was going to be another version of the Yeti cooler delirium. What the heck is wrong with people, who will literally fight in a store to grab the latest FAD off the shelf? Are people really that weak minded that they instantly obey marketing messages like a mindless drone? Same types are probably refusing to pay off their student loans.

say it with me...social media influencing at its finest.

Dare i say its equivalent to the thickie is the best oil?

I still don't know where and why this cup madness came from. Why are people so obsessed over yet another cheap chinese generic tumbler that's marked up 10x its cost of sales.

Last edited:
I've never heard about it until now and I'm always stalking FB and Instagram.

For somebody who says he doesn't care about fads, it sure does seem like you care a lot about this fad.

Half the replies in your own thread are from... you.

For somebody who says he doesn't care about fads, it sure does seem like you care a lot about this fad.

Half the replies in your own thread are from... you.
Yeah, and???

What I am commenting on is about the reaction to social media, I don't give a flip about the fad itself. If you could read, or perhaps comprehend better, you would have understood that.

No one is a "curmudgeon".

Fads, yes we had them but we did NOT act that way. No one fought over bell bottom jeans or pet rocks. (I had neither BTW).
People did fight over Cabbage patch kids, furbies (I remember that) and anything pogs or Pokemon. People got themselves into physical full on brawls for that stuff. Oh and beanie babies which I didn't really understandthat craze. The only people that made any money were the early flippers. Some news cast had an interview a while back with a guy who along with his daughter collected beanie babies. I think he said he had $8,000 or so invested. If he'd only invested in stock, bonds etc.

Back