2022 NHL playoff predictions

Would be nice if Brown could win another cup before retiring but I don't think it's going to happen.

This is a tough playoff year to predict, lots of strong teams that could have a great playoff run. Panthers and The Av's are so strong that teams will need to work really hard to knock them out, these two would make for a great playoff final series.

I'm going to go with the Panthers winning the cup and I hope they beat Toronto in OT of game 7 of the eastern final as well.:giggle:

Ask me after the first round, a lot of good teams will be getting eliminated by a lot of other good teams. As it stands right now I believe that the Calgary Flames will come out of the west and IF the Toronto Maple Leafs can make it past the Lightning they may be very dangerous.

You're likely right, but crazy things happen in the playoffs, and almost every year there's some bit player who overachieves.

Admittedly, those upsets are less common now that the first round is a best-of-seven. For a few years in the '70s, the opening round was a best-of-three - a hot goaltender could steal a couple of games for the underdog, and that was it for the favourites.

The NHL went to a best-of-five, and later a best-of-seven. There were stills lot of upsets in the best-of-five era.

I just can't get behind the current format. There are basically divisional tournaments when it should be two separate conference tournaments to the final.

Anything can happen, but I placed my largest ever sports book bet on the Rangers winning round one. While I am a long time, huge Penguins fan, I have no reason to expect anything other than the same outcome we've been seeing for years.

I, too, would love to see Brownie & the Kings lift Lord Stanley again. Would be a nice retirement gift.

If not, the Av's & Panthers might be on a collision course for a rematch of the '96 Final. I'd be OK with either winning.

I really enjoy watching Mike Smith play, he's one of the best puck handling goalies I've ever seen.
That pass he made to McDavid to score the winner in OT was incredible. That was a few weeks ago, right at the he beginning of his hot streak.

I just can't get behind the current format. There are basically divisional tournaments when it should be two separate conference tournaments to the final.

Anything can happen, but I placed my largest ever sports book bet on the Rangers winning round one. While I am a long time, huge Penguins fan, I have no reason to expect anything other than the same outcome we've been seeing for years.
Shesterkin is arguably the best in the game right now.

Back