"Stanley Cup" mania courtesy of TikToc

Obligatory:
StanleyCup.jpg

Good thing I don't (and will never) have Tiktok. Even if I did want it, my current employer doesn't allow it on any device used to access work email and they only issue work phones to management.

Even if I had it, I'm too cheap to succumb to something like this. I would never buy a $9 tumbler when there is an $8.99 tumbler a couple of rows down. Yes, it's that bad.

We bought Pet Rocks. A stupid rock in a box. We cannot pass any judgement. At least these things are useful. They're also quite well made and retain heat and cold veryy well.

Snl did a nice bit on this, super funny
For the record, I don't watch SNL anymore but I had the TV on NBC (Daytona 24 hours, I believe) and I happened to see that skit. Seeing that skit is one reason I quit watching.... The writing and acting skill level were beyond pathetic.

Good thing I don't (and will never) have Tiktok. Even if I did want it, my current employer doesn't allow it on any device used to access work email and they only issue work phones to management.

Even if I had it, I'm too cheap to succumb to something like this. I would never buy a $9 tumbler when there is an $8.99 tumbler a couple of rows down. Yes, it's that bad.
TikTok, the IQ reducing app.

They've been selling Stanley tumblers at Walmart for years. I don't see why they suddenly became amazing, it looks like the same cheap insulated mug that it's always been.

No one is a "curmudgeon".

Fads, yes we had them but we did NOT act that way. No one fought over bell bottom jeans or pet rocks. (I had neither BTW).

Mmmmmm.....yea they did. As someone who had the misfortune of working about five years at a now defunct retailer working my way through the high school and early college years in the early to mid-80's I saw fights over items on a very regular basis. Any time some new fad toy or clothing or whatever started and we got a shipment in, you knew what to expect. They'd even put in the sales flyers "Quantity limited- 150 per store" or some such wording and you'd literally have 400+ people lined up at the front door an hour before opening and the idiots at the back of the line still thought they were going to march out with their beany babies or cabbage patch kids or whatever it was at the time. Yelling, shoving, literal screaming and yes physical fights happened all-the-time.

This most recent nonsense over a dang cup isnt anything new at all, you're just hearing about this stupidity more as we all get older because of the internet. I lived, breathed, and watched this nonsense firsthand and that was 40 years ago.

Retail is a great place to learn about people and grow to hate most of them.... and they arent much different now than they were decades ago.

Back