PU Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Coprolite
Just to be safe, I've advised the TSA of your ID. Hope you don't have a need to fly to DFW soon!
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Don't worry, I'd have to fly there and I generally do not check a bag, so getting a bunch of oil back would be tricky.

I should be good.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: beadvised
still beating a dead horse eh? Who cares? Use M1 and sleep well at night. The posts are here are very redundant

And what's your point? We like this oil and we want to use it. Get a mod to blend all the PU threads into one if you feel. It's a friendly discussion.

M1 isn't the only option. Could I switch on the next oil change, sure, do I have to, no.

I could be going to every WalMart I pass and buying up everything, but that's just not sensible to me.

At my local Walmart 10 mins ago. In stock:

PU and M1 EP (tons) $26.XX
M1 (all flavors including 0w40 and M1 HM 5w20) $24.97
PP $22.50 WOW!!!!!!!!

Pennzoil prices going down!

My car (2011 G37) loves this stuff, and yet I can no longer find it in 5W-30. 5W-20 and 10W-30, all day (even at the 21.00/jug clearance price), but thats not what my car specs/needs. And its hard on oil so I want to stick with what Infiniti says at least while its under warranty....2 more years)

Not quite sure what I want to start using in its place.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
At my local Walmart 10 mins ago. In stock:

PU and M1 EP (tons) $26.XX
M1 (all flavors including 0w40 and M1 HM 5w20) $24.97
PP $22.50 WOW!!!!!!!!

Pennzoil prices going down!

Did you run the PU thru a price checker, you may find its comes up with the clearance price. It may be that your store hasn't gotten to tag it yet. My store rearranged the oil brands and eliminated the Ultra spot, so appears they are reducing their selections and not expecting a replacement any time soon.

WalMart TLE employee here.

All the G-OIL and Valvoline NextGen products in my store have gotten the boot to the tune of 4 dollars per quart. My store has never stocked PU as far as I know, no surprise considering it's located in a lower income area.

I've hit six other stores that I know of, and four of them still had various PU bottles and jugs on sale. Overall I bought 27 quarts of Ultra on sale, 4 jugs and 7 bottles total which will be split among 3 vehicles.

But I didn't lay a hand on the remaining bottles of 10W-30, those are probably still on the clearance shelf.

Originally Posted By: ChrisJH
My car (2011 G37) loves this stuff, and yet I can no longer find it in 5W-30. 5W-20 and 10W-30, all day (even at the 21.00/jug clearance price), but thats not what my car specs/needs. And its hard on oil so I want to stick with what Infiniti says at least while its under warranty....2 more years)

I had an '11 G37S Coupe. Pennzoil Platinum works great, too.

Originally Posted By: ChrisJH

I had an '11 G37S Coupe. Pennzoil Platinum works great, too.

Thanks. I had tried the Platinum first, engine seems a little quieter with the Ultra, especially in regards to the "diesel sound" when it first starts up. Seems to go away faster with the Ultra

I reached out to my contacts in Virginia (aka mom and dad!) and they snagged 10 of the 5 qt jugs for me. Full price (27/jug) but Ill deal. Its not much more expensive than Plat, and they were making a trip up to see us soon anyway. Plus with 10 jugs I can now join the ranks of a true BITOG-er stash.

ChrisJH,

The diesel sound is a special ignition sequence to warm up the engine/cats. The duration is inversely related to temperature.

Good move on the oil. Maybe they'll forget to bill you for it?

ChrisJH,

The diesel sound is a special ignition sequence to warm up the engine/cats. The duration is inversely related to temperature.

Good move on the oil. Maybe they'll forget to bill you for it?

Hehe, Im always good for paying them back. Dad owes me a few bux from some car parts I PayPal-ed for him so that will offset the oil cost a little.

I did not know the official explanation for the diesel sound....thanks for that info. Platinum could have been the same then, the difference in noise could have been accounted for through different seasons. Again, no big deal....the UOAs coming from the 3.7L and Pennzoil Ultra are enough for me to run with that oil. To me the only other option was M1 0W-40 but thats even harder to come by around here than PU (oddly enough, one of the Walmarts that stopped carrying PU just started carrying M1 0W-40 in 5 qt jugs)

I just got 0w-40 Mobil 1 around here in 5qts at Walmart. For $25 I am switching from 5w-30 Mobil 1 in both of my cars.

Well... This is the result of my week:

IMG_0545.jpg

I believe I pretty much single handedly emptied out my local Walmart branches of PU, and I ended up stashing more than expected.
blush.gif

17Qts of 5w30 SN for winter fill and 17Qts of 10w30 SN for spring-summer-fall fill.

4 years worth of oil changes or 60,000 miles worth of oil changes for my WRX. I think I have gone crazy. I guess its a comfort to know that I have a steady supply of the oil that I know my car loves. It's also pretty good to have gotten a great deal on my future oil changes. All I need to purchase for the next 4 years are oil filters lol.
crazy.gif
happy2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KHP
I believe I pretty much single handedly emptied out my local Walmart branches of PU, and I ended up stashing more than expected.
blush.gif

17Qts of 5w30 SN for winter fill and 17Qts of 10w30 SN for spring-summer-fall fill.

4 years worth of oil changes or 60,000 miles worth of oil changes for my WRX. I think I have gone crazy. I guess its a comfort to know that I have a steady supply of the oil that I know my car loves. It's also pretty good to have gotten a great deal on my future oil changes. All I need to purchase for the next 4 years are oil filters lol.
crazy.gif
happy2.gif

How much did you pay per quart ?

I got 11 quarts 5W20(1 jug and 6 quart bottles) at $2.50/qt.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
How much did you pay per quart ?

I got 11 quarts 5W20(1 jug and 6 quart bottles) at $2.50/qt.

I paid ~$2.94 per quart, Assuming that the rebates work out($25 warranty rebate, and x2 $10 rebates). Without rebates I paid ~$4.27 per quart.

The price is a bargain compared to the $9.75/Qt that my local Auto Parts stores charge for PU.

So far a So Cal WM had the lowest price on PU clearance, I paid $2.50/ea for quart bottles and $10.50 for 5-qt jug for a total of $23 + tax. Another So Cal WM had PU at $5/qt and $21/jug and they are 10W30 so I did not buy it.

Now, if I receive both rebates, $25 warranty rebate and $10 rebate, then my cost after tax and stamp will be about -$40 for 11 qt PU 5W20. Another word, I get free 11 qt PU and Sopus pays me $40 for trying their oil.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
So far a So Cal WM had the lowest price on PU clearance, I paid $2.50/ea for quart bottles and $10.50 for 5-qt jug for a total of $23 + tax. Another So Cal WM had PU at $5/qt and $21/jug and they are 10W30 so I did not buy it.

Now, if I receive both rebates, $25 warranty rebate and $10 rebate, then my cost after tax and stamp will be about -$40 for 11 qt PU 5W20. Another word, I get free 11 qt PU and Sopus pays me $40 for trying their oil.

That's a very good deal.
thumbsup2.gif

Our local Walmarts only had 5qt jugs for $21 and 1qt bottles for $5. I would love to be paid to take PU off the shelves lol.

I'm more worried about supply issues and ridiculous prices of oil in every place, but Walmart.

Went to the Wal-Mart where I usually purchased PU. They had 3 qts of 10w-30 and 10 qts of 5w-20 for $5 each and a single 5 qt jug of 5w-20 for $21 in a clearance section.

In the shelf space that was previously occupied by PU they had...Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic in both 5 qt jugs and single qts. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back