I know Mobil1 Euro 0w40 has been one of the best versatile oils

Ok so I know M1 Euro 0w40 has been on top of everyone’s list for being a really good all around oil and very affordable from Walmart. Also like that the majority of M1 oils also have 1000 ppm of zinc or better. Lately the M1 0w40 has been constantly out of stock at my two local Walmarts. So I’m looking to just order online. Few Q’s for yall.
-Has anything changed with the M1 0w40 formula lately?
-How does it compare to Castrol Edge 0w40? I see they’re basically the same price online.
-Any other 0w40’s with a high zinc content?

Ok so I know M1 Euro 0w40 has been on top of everyone’s list for being a really good all around oil and very affordable from Walmart. Also like that the majority of M1 oils also have 1000 ppm of zinc or better. Lately the M1 0w40 has been constantly out of stock at my two local Walmarts. So I’m looking to just order online. Few Q’s for yall.
-Has anything changed with the M1 0w40 formula lately?
-How does it compare to Castrol Edge 0w40? I see they’re basically the same price online.
-Any other 0w40’s with a high zinc content?
Castrol 0W40 is still an SN formula, and, compared to API SP Mobil1 0W40, it has lower KV100 but higher HTHS. It is probably around 50% as it has very low pour point.
Another really good, and my favorite Euro oil is Castrol 0W30. Also Zinc above 1000ppm, but low KV100, and high HTHS, pour point around -60, indicating majority PAO base. But, $50 for 6qt on Amazon.

IMO the new M1 SP formula is superior to the previous offerings that just make the SAE 40 grade.
Back in the day instead of paying top dollar for M1 PCMO 0w40 I used and still do buy pails of
0W40s like T6, Duron and Delvac.
Delo 400 5w40 is on the thicker side of 5w40s and meets API CK-4/SN+

I read on the internet, so it must be true, that ZDDP and detergent packages compete for surface space,
so increasing the Zn in a specific Diesel engine oil may not increase the load capacity of the oil.

Personally I've never lost a highly loaded FT camshaft using legacy high Zn 15w40 HDEOs.

Back