RP worth over the competition (Walmart Pricing)

I don't trust ratings/reviews on complicated products/subjects like that. The vast majority of buyers couldn't tell you anything about that oil beyond the fact that it's purple. If they do say something about it, it's usually a regurgitation of the marketing on the label. It's likely 4.9/5.0 customers have never done a UOA, never pulled their valve cover, never cut open a filter, or done really anything beyond changing the oil and checking the dipstick, much less established any sort of trend over several intervals. They realistically have no way of knowing how well it's actually performing and are just letting the placebo effect come through in their review. "It's F'ing purple, yo! 5 stars!"
Yup, it's like judging Lucas based on its reviews! :poop:

So if you change your oil your a moron, if you don't your an idiot....LOL...You just gotta love this forum..LOL
Well, you conveniently left out some important parts from my quote to mistakenly use a false premise for your post. So there’s that…

It's more the "this oil does better on the butt plug 9000 super lube test, therefore, it's the bestest possible oil EVER!!! And this totally supersedes all the tests done by the OEM's, who are complicit in a secret scheme by the WEF and the Lizard People for engines to wear out quicker so they can be forced into Uncle Elon's mind control and EV's".
Lizzzed people!

the ford boss me vidio,found the blackstone comparisons rather interesting,just looking to learn about what he saying,though there maybe more to learn, is what im looking for as i have three jugs of Royal Purple 5w-30,he seems to know something about engine oils

the ford boss me vidio,found the blackstone comparisons rather interesting,just looking to learn about what he saying,though there maybe more to learn, is what im looking for as i have three jugs of Royal Purple 5w-30,he seems to know something about engine oils
No Blackstone comparison will make a quality determination between formulated oils. In fact, Blackstone themselves have said there is no statistically significant difference between any oil that they have ever tested.

So if “ford boss” is claiming that he can use a Blackstone comparison to do this, he’s contrary to what Blackstone themselves have said.

the anti wear additives are worth notice,looking for my engine not to wear out as fast,, do you have any info to add??

So if “ford boss” is claiming that he can use a Blackstone comparison to do this, he’s contrary to what Blackstone themselves have said.
...and if Ford Boss's data (sample of one) is statistically significant, then he should be able to switch back to any of those 'tested' oils and get the same results again and again.

I would like him to explain why he didn't get the same results.

the anti wear additives are worth notice,looking for my engine not to wear out as fast,, do you have any info to add??
Which anti-wear additives? Can you explain how they function, how they interact and what, specifically, from this video, provides you with meaningful information on them?

You cannot look at the amount of any anti-wear additives in a UOA and gleen ANY information about how the oil will perform.
Naw mangina, it's got eleventy-billion ppm of zinc, it'll wear the engine in reverse! You'll have to tear it apart at 200,000 miles and loosen it back up because the wear reversal tightened up the tolerances* 🤡

*intentionally using the wrong term here instead of clearances to keep with the theme.

does titanium and boron play a role in wear reduction along with zinc within a given base oil of group 3 and some 4 oils??,do amounts matter?

does titanium and boron play a role in wear reduction along with zinc within a given base oil of group 3 and some 4 oils??,do amounts matter?
Quoting @RDY4WAR from another thread on a PF video:

No, that is not how chemistry works. His thought process there is very flawed. You can't tell the detergent "strength" (for lack of a better word... my brain is still trying to process his nonsense) by just looking at the Ca and Mg concentration. You can have a huge swing in TBN between 2 oils with the same detergent concentration. Soft base vs hard base detergents is one such factor.

Adding up the Zn and P for anti-wear is asinine. Zinc doesn't have much of an anti-wear role. It's essentially just the neutralizing carrier for the molecule. The phosphorus and sulfur provide the anti-wear function with the S reacting with iron surfaces to form barriers of ferrous sulfide and the P reacting to heat and pressure to form tribofilms of polyphosphate "glass". The Zn is sitting the corner eating paste at this point, it's job over with. If you were to analyze tribofilms created by ZDDP, you'd find Zn there but just guilty by association.

ZDDP starts out as phosphorus pentasulfide which is reacted with various alcohols to form dialkyl-dithio-phosphoric acid. This is the anti-wear molecule (notice no Zn present) but it's unstable and too acidic in this form to be used in lubricants. Therefore, it's neutralized (to an extent depending on the type of ZDDP) with zinc oxide to form zinc dialkyl-dithio-phosphate (ZDDP).

I hadn't even noticed where he added up the elementals before your post. That is comical.

I will occasionally take an average of the Zn and P numbers when referring to ZDDP concentration. Say an oil has 824 ppm Zn and 706 ppm P. I'll go (824 + 706) / 2 = 765 ppm ZDDP. It makes it easier to explain to some people with one number. I don't do this is the P looks abnormal from the ZDDP concentration, such as would be see in an oil employing other phosphorus-based additives like MoDTP.

And not that you even know all the anti-wear components from a $30 spectrographic analysis of decomposed (mostly metallic) compounds.
Unfortunately, "in depth knowledge" gleaned from a $30 UOA/VOA is generally accompanied by observations about how much "zinc" is in the oil and/or about how the "tolerances" of new engines are too tight and will result in them blowing up with thick oil. Bonus points for mention of "nooks and crannies" and electric oil pumps.

Last edited:
Back