PU Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 WAl-mart's here don't stock PU anymore.

Glad I got 4 of the 5 Qt Jugs for $11 each!
grin.gif

I got the last 3 jugs at $21 each yesterday at one Walmart. Going to check two of the other closest. So much for worrying about brands and UOA, I have always preferred Ultra slightly and now the price can't be beat. Time to register all my cars for warranty and stock to the gills. I hope that at least one local place will keep it. If not, PP or M1 should be there.

A couple of Walmarts here have Ultra, only in 10w-30 5 qts. If I see a clearance tag, I'll pick up a bunch of it.

My main WalMart is still fully stocked with no discount listed. I visited four others. Three did not have a place on the shelf for ultra and I cleaned out the quarts at the clearance location. For a negligible price difference compared to M1 jug, i got many convenient bottles.

Pep Boys carries it in FL in quart bottles. All of them are SM. I think I am the only one buying it as the the 5W30 stock seems to be dwindling and it never gets restocked.

If it goes away, I may just switch to PP or RP, plenty of that on the shelves.

the walmart here in ogdensburg has ultra twenty one dollasr a jug and quarts five dollars also plenty of 5/30 jugs of G oil for the same price.all by its self in the isle behind the rest of the motor oils.

Definitely sounds like I'll be buying some oil in the near future. Sure it may not be going away for good but even at full Walmart price,that beats the [censored] out of any auto parts store price.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Definitely sounds like I'll be buying some oil in the near future. Sure it may not be going away for good but even at full Walmart price,that beats the [censored] out of any auto parts store price.

I tried the walmart in Essex on Saturday, full price on the PU.

Visited 4 Walmarts today.

3 didn't have a slot of the shelf for any PU. Got 2 oil changes worth at the 4th store. They had lots of quarts, only 2 5qts of 5w30, also had 10w30 and 5w20.

Now I have 3 oil changes worth of PU. That will get me to 52500 miles. Might get one more to make it to an even 60,000 and by then I would hope that there will be a good replacement.

The 3 WM's in South Orange County has none, whatever they had was cleaned by me. I bought all PU on the clearance shelf at $2.5/qt and $10.5 a jug.

I am now stocked up to last through 75,000 miles on my van, so about 1.5-2 years worth.

Syracuse, NY: No stock
Cicero, NY: No stock
Victor, NY: Still had stock but I bought the last two 5w30 jugs on the shelf
Henrietta, NY: No stock
Fredonia, NY: Plenty of stock. I bought two 5w30 jugs, resisted buying all four.

I had a work trip this week and stopped by every Walmart I passed. Long week, good to be home.

WM in Brighton CO no longer carries it either and the auto parts chains here never carried it in the first place.

I tried to clear out my store today and someone beat me to the punch. I bought the one 5qt of Mobil 1 0w-40 instead.

Stay away from my WalMart. They still have a bountiful amount. Since it is also a lube shop, they might actually be turning the stock over. The latest PP jugs even had a Dexos1 emblem.

I have it staked out. My wife will get curious sooner or later why I keep volunteering to pick stuff up at the store for her. Until then, we both win (and I get brownie points).

Don't worry, I'd have to fly there and I generally do not check a bag, so getting a bunch of oil back would be tricky.

Just to be safe, I've advised the TSA of your ID. Hope you don't have a need to fly to DFW soon!
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Don't worry, I'd have to fly there and I generally do not check a bag, so getting a bunch of oil back would be tricky.

Beadvised, you'll find a lot of this site involves well tenderized meat. Sometimes people post just for the enjoyment and any extra bits of information that we can chat about. That's the great advantage of having the posts arranged in threads, you don't have to read the threads that you consider drivel.

Originally Posted By: beadvised
still beating a dead horse eh? Who cares? Use M1 and sleep well at night. The posts are here are very redundant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back