Mobil 1 - good, bad, not worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

If you chose a synthetic for a reason, like performance at temperature extremes, blends and dinos aren't close substitutes. If you don't need a synthetic, discussion of synthetics is moot.

Agree 100%.

The only thing people are doing on this board is running various oils out to 3-8k miles on average and expecting to see some huge difference in normal engines. If the conditions don't arise where synthetics perform better, you won't see much of a difference. This is something people need to realize.

Quoted for truth.

Quote:

I have a few dozen quarts of Mobil 1 that I bought when the price was right.

I live in the "real world".

Storage costs and search costs still = costs. They are called opportunity cost. True Price=store price+ opportunity cost.

Quote:

It's just motor oil.

Yes, that's why we are both on here reading and posting our opinions. We obviously have a keen interest in it...still doesn't make it a religious debate.

PP is the better value right now. Tell me where I can buy M1 for anywhere near the same price and I'll check it out.

Quote:

Ahh, but value = (store price+ opportunity cost)- sale discount.

Discount is already embedded into the store price. If you subtract discount again, it is double counting.

LouDawg

Quote:

Yes, that's why we are both on here reading and posting our opinions.

That doesn’t make it anything more than motor oil. I’ll stick to the oil and leave issues like “XOM's double-speak” for those who think it’s religion or politics.

Quote:

PP is the better value right now.

Based on the UOAs, whichever is lower priced the day you walk into your local parts store is the better value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back