Let's talk Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA has had a long term plan to return to the US market. Sometime in the mid-2020s is the target.

Undecided whether it will be with Peugeot, Citroën, or DS branding.

The Pug I had was a very comfortable car, yet not too soft or pillowy. It could still handle well without sacrificing ride. And the 504 proved its toughness doing duty in places like Africa.

Given the homogeneous state of the market, I would welcome them, if not necessarily purchase one.

I don't think they'll achieve anything more than niche appeal. Buyers don't have adventurous tastes, they value reliability and conformity, like wearing a uniform. The car shows 50 years from now are going to be boring affairs because the OEMs are so conservative and merely produce sausages in different lengths. Especially the Germans.

The Citroëns of today are nothing like those of the past. It's been watered down just like GM did with SAAB. A badge and a couple quirky cues attached to a Peugeot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93

They do a lot of badge engineering with Nissan now... All Nissan's dCi badged small diesel engines are Renault sourced, as is the 2.3d in the Navara (also badged as Renault Alaskan

And now the Mercedes ute...oops, did I let the cat out of the bag ?

Originally Posted By: Silk
Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93

They do a lot of badge engineering with Nissan now... All Nissan's dCi badged small diesel engines are Renault sourced, as is the 2.3d in the Navara (also badged as Renault Alaskan

And now the Mercedes ute...oops, did I let the cat out of the bag ?

I'm guessing that is going to be an Antipodes ONLY thing, once it's released (like almost all of the other makes' Utes)?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Originally Posted By: PimTac

Citroen, now there’s a brand with timeless styling.

Heavens yeah bud. Renault, not bad but Carlos Ghosn ruins everything (including Nissan). Totally agree with the Citroen thing

I have to agree with you on the current Nissan styling. That V grill design is horrendous.

dishdude, I saw a Mexican crewcab Ranger this morning. Another one I don’t think we get in the states

Originally Posted By: Leo99
We had Renaults and Peugeots here back in the late 70s early 80s. They were garbage. Give Skoda a chance in the USA.

Renault-LeCar-ad2-e1300753261713.jpg

I had an 86 Renault Alliance. Worst pile of poo car ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back