Do you have a dream car today, on 12/4/23?

At this point in life, a GR Corolla. Years ago it would have been something like a Ferrari or a Porsche, but there's something to be said for a car I would feel comfortable driving every day and that looks well under the radar. And it still has a stick. At a point in my life when my knee can still handle it.

It doesn't exist yet, hopefully it eventually will (and hopefully I'll be able to afford it then)... I want a GMC Yukon EV!

Challenger Hellcat wide body in sinamon stick. A plum crazy Charger would also be cool. Or b5 blue 🤤
IMG_9060.jpeg

IMG_9059.jpeg
IMG_9058.jpeg

I would say Ferrari 308, but my coworker has one and he drives it to the office 2-3 days a week in the summer and he says its an absolute maintenance monster. So instead of saying I really, really, really, really want one, I'll fall back and say I just really, really still want one.

More down to earth I'll say a 90's Rx7. Came so, so close multiple times, but the wife was getting tired of seeing unassembled rotaries in the garage so by the time she started warming up to the idea, they started skyrocketing in price and I think they are probably too far gone for me to think I'll ever find a decent, unmolested one that I can realistically waste the money on. Its still my dream car.

Rx7.jpg

I wouldn't mind owning a Mazda Miata. (Manual of coarse.) I can't tell you much I enjoy my 1999 Mazda Protege LX. Superb front visibility, handling, steering response and engine feedback. Great city mileage. Rust free and I don't really care about dings or anyone wanting to steal it. Perfect....

I’m done with old cars, as I lack time and desire to work on them.

So, I’d need two to fill my dream.

Late model Hemi Challenger. No need for a Hellcat. Just a regular Hemi is fine

Also a Rubicon Jeep Gladiator.

I like both on and off road!

Early eighties Ferrari 308 GTS. Loved the original Magnum P.I. TV show and always wanted to own his car.
Yeah, the GTSi and the Porshe 928S4 from back in the time as a kid. Once I got enough money to buy one, I realized they were crazy slow POS compared to more modern cars. So I got this instead.

Attachments

• IMG_20210908_154757326_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210908_154757326_HDR.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 8
I know, I know. Buy a bunch of gold chains and unbutton my shirt to my navel. I have always thought these cars are so beautiful, I've never cared if they were slow.
1982-chevrolet-corvette.jpeg

So hard to settle on just one.
Somebody posted a photo of an E-type earlier, and it is a car I've always thought to be gorgeous.
A 911 would always be fun, as would a Renault Alpine.
There are also some really neat more modest cars.
A Honda 600 would be fun and an S800 would be a blast.
Something like a Fiat 850 Spyder would be entertaining as would almost any Alfa or (pre-Fiat) Lancia.
So many choices, only so much money and garage space.

So hard to settle on just one.
Somebody posted a photo of an E-type earlier, and it is a car I've always thought to be gorgeous.
A 911 would always be fun, as would a Renault Alpine.
There are also some really neat more modest cars.
A Honda 600 would be fun and an S800 would be a blast.
Something like a Fiat 850 Spyder would be entertaining as would almost any Alfa or (pre-Fiat) Lancia.
So many choices, only so much money and garage space.
This is my dilemma. There have been so many cars I've dreamt of having, it would be impossible to store them all in real life. '88 Porsche 930 Targa, '85 Ferrari 308. I could go on and on...

1. A fully restored 1975 Toyota LandCruiser FJ-40, mustard yellow with a white top... just like my first car
2. A new Land Cruiser when they come out
3. A Porsche Cayman GT4
4. A C8 Z06 Convertible

Back