New Mitsubishi Colt and ASX

The Mirage is dead and I hope they bring the new Colt to the US and Canada. It looks like it’s a rebadge Renault Clio and I’m fine with that. They did a good job with using the Nissan Rogue platform for the Outlander.
IMG_0264.jpeg

The new ASX (Outlander Sport) is a rebadge Renault also. We don’t get French cars north of Mexico and people will think these these are designed and built by Mitsubishi. I feel their fresh and modern looking.

IMG_0265.jpeg

I get that chrome-look trim is a personal preference, but are there really more people who want lots of it vs. those who don't? When we bought our Tiguan last year, we went by a Mitsubishi lot. I saw the front end of the Outlander, and promptly left.

I get that chrome-look trim is a personal preference, but are there really more people who want lots of it vs. those who don't? When we bought our Tiguan last year, we went by a Mitsubishi lot. I saw the front end of the Outlander, and promptly left.

too much is too much, but chrome deletes are universally awful aswell

My purely observational standpoint is that it looks like vehicles that try to lean more towards luxury have a lot of chrome - but those cars tend to be more luxurious already like the Navigator, Merc S class, etc. Mitsu might try to be doing this to look more grown-up and establish itself back into a market.

Is Mitsubishi really planning on sticking around in the USA market? A few years ago before the Outlander took off from what I read they were pulling out of the local market. Will two new French built vehicles under their badge sell here?

The mirage is dead? Says who? And if it is why would they try another small car? Better off just selling SUV's in this market.

Is Mitsubishi really planning on sticking around in the USA market? A few years ago before the Outlander took off from what I read they were pulling out of the local market. Will two new French built vehicles under their badge sell here?
As an owner of a Mitsubishi vehicle, this is one of my fears, that they leave the market. I'm sure the values of these vehicles would instantly lose an appreciable portion of their value, if there was no dealer support.

If Mitsubishi is just going to sell rebadged Nissan and Renault automobiles from the alliance then one has to wonder why? Why not eliminate the brand?

This is not the Mitsubishi many of us grew up with.

If Mitsubishi is just going to sell rebadged Nissan and Renault automobiles from the alliance then one has to wonder why? Why not eliminate the brand?

This is not the Mitsubishi many of us grew up with.
No kidding. I miss the old Mitsubishi when they made cutting-edge vehicles like the 3000gt VR-4. AWD AWS active aero. Technology that companies are just now advertising as "all new".

The mirage is dead? Says who? And if it is why would they try another small car? Better off just selling SUV's in this market.
That thinking is how I picked up a few years old 40,000 mile v8 half ton for $5000.

It looks like we are going to have an abrupt turn in demand back to low cost efficient vehicles, when that happens we will have the big 3 with their pants down and nothing to sell.

Back