Do you have a dream car today, on 12/4/23?

After all I’ve seen online, mine is the 2025 Tahoe. They’ve addressed some things that really bugged me on a vehicle this expensive.

The interior is sweet, steering wheel, dash, and all, 6.2 available on all trims, revised headlamps (hope they don’t blind and good possibility as placement is lower and projector beams), LED tails (should have been included when the 2021 came out). I’m starting to soften on RST performance edition and think High Country.

I’ve even justified a likely 4 figure payment even with 30k down. We can all dream. I bought a car 17 years ago that I dreamed about for more than 20 years and it’s still in the garage, I think a Tahoe is that significant.

Have you got a vehicle in your mind worth waiting for? 🙂

This is playing in my head

For a car I could afford - I like the Subaru BRZ (or its Scion clone). I love the look, the handling, and the seats. For one I'm unlikely to afford, Porsche 444.

Not anymore. When I was younger, yeah for sure. Like every kid. But today at my age cars fit into the category of being a sort of necessary evil. I'm happy with the 3 vehicles I currently own and drive. And hopefully they'll outlast me.

I can't think of a scenario that wouldn't be serviced well by my current, "fleet". But I no longer drive around and see cars that I "wish I had". I look at them as how big of an expense and headache they would be to own.

It's the main reason I haven't bought another boat. I would like one to be able to get out on the lake with the wife and dog, and get some Sun and fresh air. But when I think of the cost and maintenance involved, (not to mention the depreciation), I quickly move on with my thinking.

People will laugh but probably a 2024 Rav4 limited, AWD , non hybrid.

Efficient, dependable, practical. Ticks all my boxes for features. A car I could own for a very long time. I could finance one, sure. But if i push hard enough I think I can pay my mortgage off in the next 3-5 years. And that means more to me than a nicer car.

My dream machine
1701695673468.png

As others mentioned, time changes how you view cars. When I was young, this list was long. In my 30s and 40s I purchased several expensive cars both new and classic, even when they were on the edge of my finances. Now in my late 50s when I could have anything I want, I don’t have the craving for some uber expensive car. Sure we drive nice cars, but nothing crazy.

Back