Do you have a dream car today, on 12/4/23?

When outside the USA, I see turbodiesel Toyota Land Cruisers, not sold in the USA.

I love diesel SUVs with loads of torque. They disappeared from the USA market, except for the large Chevy/GMC models. Which is why I am holding on to my 2013 BMW X5 turbodiesel, now at 96K miles.

R34 Skyline.
1701816608495.jpeg

It was my dream car in high school and still is to this day. I was really into turners early on before The Fast and the Furious took JDM into the mainstream.

Ever since Suzuki was still in USA, I always dreamed of getting an SX-4. It had to be a 6-speed manual and AWD. These also had central locking for 50/50 front/rear power split. I always wanted to get one, give it a tiny lift, full skid plates, and a Road&Track turbo kit. I think they were the only ones who ever made a turbo kit for Suzuki SX-4. Basically I wanted a tiny hatch rally car, and a capable softroader.

This guy has the right idea going with his mods.
1000010300.jpg

1000010299.jpg
1000010298.jpg

Another one is: a daily ute. Little truckster.
Basically I'd want an El Camino shell, and stuff a GS300 engine and transmission into it.
I'm not the "MORE POWER!!!" type of guy, so a proven reliable inline six would do just fine for my needs. That would definitely stay as my daily driver for a very, very long time.

Ever since Suzuki was still in USA, I always dreamed of getting an SX-4. It had to be a 6-speed manual and AWD. These also had central locking for 50/50 front/rear power split. I always wanted to get one, give it a tiny lift, full skid plates, and a Road&Track turbo kit. I think they were the only ones who ever made a turbo kit for Suzuki SX-4. Basically I wanted a tiny hatch rally car, and a capable softroader.

This guy has the right idea going with his mods.
View attachment 191724
View attachment 191725View attachment 191726
I remember a few yrs back, I helped a friend replace his alternator on one of these. Think it was a 2010 or 2011, anyway I remember having to take intake and fuel rails off, etc etc to replace the darn thing. Told him never again, he kept it a few yrs and sold it. Yes it was a manual trans, he absolutely loved that car!!

The Toyota post a few comments up reminded me. I’m a fan of a Japanese Direct Market car page on Facebook. They have Diesel Surfs (same body and look as a mid 2000’s 4Runner) for anywhere from $20-30k. RHD, 4WD and in either manual or auto.

They seem like a reasonable dream car, but I have no idea on parts availability. Tie rod ends to heater cores could be different than the US 4Runner. I better pass.

I used to but no longer crave for that "dream car" anymore. I am happy with my present and reliable old vehicles.

Yes, this one

It was conceived as the ultimate sports car, price no object, and no limits, and during its time, the most performant in existence.

As the creation of the McLaren racing team, and its chief designer, Gordon Murray, it has the actual lineage and pedigree that a "Bugatti"-badged nouveau VW creation cannot claim, however technically brilliant or performant it is.

Originally designed solely as a road car, a racing version demanded by an owner, and developed, winning the Le Mans 24h in 1995. The BMW S70 engine also won in 1999, in a Williams-built BMW sports prototype.

In every respect, both tangible and intangible, it covered the bases.

Last edited:
Did I already answer....2025 High Country Tahoe, just signed up for updates...with the air suspension lol that's important to note as well as the 2 screens in the back

2017 Buick Regal GS, loved the body lines, sporty for a Buick, bought the last 17 on the dealer lot, this is our retirement car, driven only on long road trips and some weekends.
1712172377703.jpg
ad trips and some weekends.

2017 Buick Regal GS, loved the body lines, sporty for a Buick, bought the last 17 on the dealer lot, this is our retirement car, driven only on long road trips and some weekends.View attachment 212155ad trips and some weekends.
If Buick made a Tahoe, I'd get it lol

We have a 2011 Enclave purchased new, and just the other day my wife goes, I like the lines on my car. Imagine, we've had it 13 years and she still would make that comment. Seems all Buicks look nice, such as that Regal wagon...

New Chevy Trax R2. Because it is new and kind of affordable.
That's on the shortlist I have if I needed to replace a car *today*

As for dream car, I wouldn't say the Cobalt SS in my signature was a dream, but it was a lucky find that could fill that role.

Back