People selling laundry detergent on Craigslist or at yard sales?

Neighbors down the street had a table of mixed laundry detergent for sale at their yard sale, looked like at least a couple dozen jugs. :cautious:

Maybe the stole it from the inventories to be destroyed, or buy then dilute then resell, anyways how much money are they going to make? Unless they are being evicted (unlikely during eviction ban) this usually isn't a desperate sale.

Always thought detergent / soap / personal care products at yard sales were stolen goods. (just me?)

Can't see coupon freaks buying so much then sitting around selling it at a yard sale.

More offensive is loads of cheap trinkets bought wholesale and put out at yard sales. Items like inspirational signs or several of the same umbrella stand etc. And the slugs plopped in chairs pretending the goods are theirs and legitimately from their household....

I saw a show on 60 minutes or something like that about the people that make fake tide and sell it, or steal it and sell it. I personally, would never buy it.

Just now picked up 2 Tide Simple Clean 89 Loads bottles for $7.99 @ 99 Cents Only store. They do get lot's of overruns, discontinued, or old label products. Never had an issue.

Maybe damaged/returned/discontinued/open goods buyouts? I used to see lots of items that were returned or discontinued goods on eBay. I had a cousin that worked in a factory where tin cans were made. He told me stories of them receiving cases of products back because one can leaked. This has been 40+ years ago but, he told me the company he worked for would then sell the products to their employees at a deep discount instead of trashing it. He said one time he bought a case of Right Guard deodorant in the aerosol cans for $1. because one can out of a case had a pin hole in it. He also said he wouldn't drink Hi C because they had to somehow treat the cans to keep the acids in the Hi C from eating through them.

You ought to see what they sell in yard sales in WV. The most junk you've ever seen. And people buy it. Flea markets are where you can find stolen goods.

For those who make fake Tide or water it down......where do you get the empty bottles needed? (how do you make Tide, anyway?)
Dig through trash cans. Bring home empties. Somehow aquire a full bottle and split it between 3-4 empties. Top off with water.

Or find a product that looks similar at the dollar store?

Back