People selling laundry detergent on Craigslist or at yard sales?

Yeah, at the local food pantry we have to use a black marker and run a vertu
Idle line in the bar code... to prevent folks from returning the product to a grocery store for cash.
We did the same thing at ours as well .

I read of a claim a few years ago that Tide outsells all other brands combined. I believe it is the largest seller at a minimum and carries gouge pricing status. As such, it came be gamed into cash through theft or other ways.

A few years ago I read an article on Appalachia happenings. I fairly sure it was in the New Yorker magazine. A dirt common scam is using Diet Pepsi as a drug money source. SNAP food benefits are used to buy cases of DP, then taken around the back of the same or a different store and sold back at a lower than wholesale price for cash. Or traded directly for drugs to someone else who will do that.

I’ve purchased conditioner at a garage sale that made my body itchy
I’ve purchased tide Oct at a garage sale that when I went to use it was a weird cloudy color. I had to throw them all away. I don’t suggest purchasing detergent or conditioner at garage sales.

I’ve purchased conditioner at a garage sale that made my body itchy
I’ve purchased tide Oct at a garage sale that when I went to use it was a weird cloudy color. I had to throw them all away. I don’t suggest purchasing detergent or conditioner at garage sales.
Tide Oxy

As someone that has a garage full of pricing error and rebate motor oil, I'm going to assume the less nefarious intentions and that they just bought a bunch of stuff that was on sale and they had coupons.

I saw a guy run out of a Kroger store with a shopping cart full of Tide a few weeks ago and texted one of my brothers about it.

IMG_5248.jpg

Two year old thread but laundry detergent is one of the items lowlifes steal from stores because of its high price.

Kroger doesn't allow employees to intervene with shoplifters, probably because on average when the employee gets hurt trying to stop them it costs the company more in workman's comp claims than saving a few hundred dollars in lost merch, also there's the possibility of lawsuits from bystanders that got injured when an employee escalates the situation.

I bought some Tide Pods the other day at the Dollar Store and they were behind plexiglass doors and and alarm sounds when there opened .
Here's a couple guys getting away with stealing $1,250 worth of stuff

While the trashed economy has certainly made me more aware of prices than in the past, I’ll stick to my designer soaps like‘ Woolite. 🤷‍♂️

Kroger doesn't allow employees to intervene with shoplifters, probably because on average when the employee gets hurt trying to stop them it costs the company more in workman's comp claims than saving a few hundred dollars in lost merch, also there's the possibility of lawsuits from bystanders that got injured when an employee escalates the situation.

Far cry from the "Old days" when Meijer security administered "Pain compliance" to caught shoplifters that resisted.

That's nothing, I've seen people selling home cooked food on FB market place.
That is a really good business for people seeking it. Your locale may support it. My neighbor was paying someone to buy food at local grocery and they’d prep one meal with leftovers .

Back