can u get a reliable used car for under $3k anymore?

1996 Camry Wagon, 1 owner, $3600. Somebody save this thing, it needs to live with an enthusiast. It has the reverse 3rd row seats too!

Screenshot_20240317-194627~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240317-194629~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240317-194633~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240317-194635~2.jpg

To those saying you cant find a car that runs well under $5, There are tons of good condition vehicles now that are beater priced, just can’t be picky on what badge or powertrain it employs.
^I agree with this. You can still find very drivable cars for $3K if you are religiously checking FB. I peruse the cars for sale section often and see quite a few that would fit the bill. As was said though, you can't be picky about what you get and you have to have cash in hand, ready to buy when you find something decent. First off, at that price I wouldn't even bother looking for any of the popular Hondas and Toyotas. People seem to think they're bulletproof so generally ask ridiculous money for them. I personally don't find them to be bulletproof, but whatever. I often see deals though on Mazdas (I own an incredibly reliable '90 Miata myself), and smaller cars like the aforementioned Yaris or Versa which someone else posted links to, and sometimes Corollas and Sentras as well. Also many less popular American cars. People that think anything for $3K is ready for the junkyard and/or is totally unreliable are simply not looking regularly. I feel confident if I needed to find a car tomorrow and had just $3K to spend I could have something pretty decent within a few weeks.

Back