Keep getting the new car itch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I keep getting the get my Toyota Corolla to 500K itch!

At the pace you are going, I think you only have ~42 +/- years to go.

I just got this back in July. I'd say if you can do the payments reasonably and it's what you REALLY want, go for it as you won't get tired of it any time soon.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

So far its been painless
crackmeup2.gif

You poor soul. Just how do you survive without any creature comforts like keyless entry/start, heated seats, bluetooth, dual climate control, parking sensors, cameras, etc?

It's real nice when it's below freezing and you remote start your truck-the heater comes on-and the heat for the seats activate.

Then after 10 minutes you climb in-. Then your cell phone automatically "pairs" to your vehicle. Then of course you turn on your Bose radio.just sayin!

No Bose for me, just a 14 speaker 600 watt Harman Kardon system that was factory. Too bad the satellite radio quality isn't that good, but I just mostly listen to bluetooth audio. The panorama sunroof looks cool too, but only rear passengers can really enjoy it although it's bigger than the regular sunroof.

I had a Harmon Kardon in a A Subaru. That was the best thing about the car! Your also right about XM radio. They have compressed the signal so much it now sounds "muddled". I have had satellite since the beginning. In the early days it was near "CD quality". But on cross country trips-there are still many parts of this country without cell phone or AM/FM stations. That's why I like it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silverado12

I just got this back in July. I'd say if you can do the payments reasonably and it's what you REALLY want, go for it as you won't get tired of it any time soon.

Nice! I have decided it's best to wait for now, Honda needs to fix the fuel delusion issues on the 1.5T anyway.

Hahaha, all the comments are super funny. Thank God we are not all alike!

I bought my SRT way back in August of 05 before anyone even knew what they were. Still a sensational vehicle with 100k plus miles. Tight, rattle free, and mine has the extremely rare factory installed Kicker 13 speaker system with the sub in the trunk. Talk about sweet, it may be the finest feature in the car. Still exciting to walk up to after all these years! No micro turbo for me, I always have liked a V8 for the relaxed feel and smooth sounds

When I was shopping I resolved no more "slip in like a shoe" cars. I can't stand the tiny little seats made for small folks, and if the pedals AND the seat AND the wheel do not move then the car will never fit people outside of the norm...

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: dareo
Might get jumped for this but i dont think Honda is reliable with turbos yet. I think VW is more reliable in a DI turbo 4 cylinder. Honda is awesome with its n/a engines and manual transmissions. Wifes accord is so fun to shift. You could get a used 9th gen accord manual and sell yours. I dont think a brand new turbo accord is a good idea yet. Wait and see how they hold up.

This may be true, VW seems to do a good job with their turbos. Although their sales pale in comparison to other brands, so less units to fail. I bought my current Accord with intent to keep it 10 years, so I will try to hold out. There is no reason not to honestly, a car with no car payment is a good car!

Ummm...VW auto group sells the most cars worldwide. ( http://carsalesbase.com/global-car-sales-2017-q1/ ) Nearly all of them are turbo. If anyone has a bead on making turbo's work, VW auto group is senior. Honda, Hyundai, Chevy, and many other brands out there are using turbos for the first time in their mainstream lower end vehicles in the past 2 years, no real track record for any kind of reliability. As you said time will tell, but I will not be part of the experiment until the results are in. If I were voting with my wallet this year, I would still be getting a non-turbo car. Interesting that Toyota and Mazda and the only two holding back on the turbo movement...

No car payments are good indeed.

I had a 1991 Honda Accord that was purchased for around $19k. That's worth $35k of today's money. So, cost wise, the $29k car in the original post is a very good deal -- it's a much safer and far more pleasant car than what I had purchased.

Recently traded in the wifes 2015 GMC Terrain DENALI on a new 2017 Buick Regal GS, was an end of year closeout and the wife was tired of the soccer mom SUV, car was priced at $ 38.9 we drove it off the lot at $31K
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back