Keep getting the new car itch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
I refuse to buy a CVT. They've been around a LONG time and have never proven themselves.

That's statement is totally false. Why don't you look at all the vehicles offered-with CVTs. Compute annual sales of all those vehicles then let us know with your statement highlighted so we can all have a good laugh.

Then if they area as "unproven" as you say they are-there should be miles of them waiting to get in to the dealership for repair.

I know your among "friends" here and none of BITOGers are to challenge your statement but me. (Since they are universally hated on this forum).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kurtatron
You have no idea how I feel right now lol. I just went to the Detroit Auto show today. Seeing new cars from most auto manufacturers today was a tantalizing nightmare. My cars are 19 and 28 years old. And I so wish I had a car with shiny paint like all those cars I saw today. Only reason I don’t go out and buy a car is I have no money. 3k savings to my name isn’t going to buy a nice new car. But if I had the money, I would definitely buy a nice car. I am a car guy.

Here’s some pics.

Yeah, after looking at some of the prices of the fancy stuff, you find yourself increasing your budget... Anyways, new cars are an expensive hobby! Lots of other stuff has way more "return"/dollar...

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Danh,

On the 1.5, do you think the capacity of the sump has a big impact on the fuel dilution issue? If I remember rightly, it’s only 3.5 quarts. Does the 2.0 have a bigger sump?

I agree, the fuel dilution with the Honda 1.5 is very prominent in the forums. Honda seems to be hanging their hat and reputation on this engine though.

Yes that along with the fact they tell you to only change the filter every other OCI has to be a huge factor.

Might get jumped for this but i dont think Honda is reliable with turbos yet. I think VW is more reliable in a DI turbo 4 cylinder. Honda is awesome with its n/a engines and manual transmissions. Wifes accord is so fun to shift. You could get a used 9th gen accord manual and sell yours. I dont think a brand new turbo accord is a good idea yet. Wait and see how they hold up.

Originally Posted By: Kurtatron

droooool.....
20.gif

Originally Posted By: dareo
Might get jumped for this but i dont think Honda is reliable with turbos yet. I think VW is more reliable in a DI turbo 4 cylinder. Honda is awesome with its n/a engines and manual transmissions. Wifes accord is so fun to shift. You could get a used 9th gen accord manual and sell yours. I dont think a brand new turbo accord is a good idea yet. Wait and see how they hold up.

This may be true, VW seems to do a good job with their turbos. Although their sales pale in comparison to other brands, so less units to fail. I bought my current Accord with intent to keep it 10 years, so I will try to hold out. There is no reason not to honestly, a car with no car payment is a good car!

I went to the auto show here in Hartford, CT with a friend. One thing we were both shocked about was the lack of room in many of the cars. We are both around 5'10 or 5'11 and fairly thin. He drives a 2005 BMW 330i E46, and I have a 2000 Cherokee. Both of us had very little headroom in many of the cars and he felt claustrophobic in a few of them. Our older vehicles seemed to have much more room inside in comparison. Not sure how my dad who is 6'2 would fit in any of these. I'm sure this is due to beefing up the pillars and doors for safety, but the difference was very noticeable. Even a few of the monstrous SUVs seemed to have a smaller amount of room inside than one would initially think.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Danh,

On the 1.5, do you think the capacity of the sump has a big impact on the fuel dilution issue? If I remember rightly, it’s only 3.5 quarts. Does the 2.0 have a bigger sump?

I agree, the fuel dilution with the Honda 1.5 is very prominent in the forums. Honda seems to be hanging their hat and reputation on this engine though.

Yes that along with the fact they tell you to only change the filter every other OCI has to be a huge factor.

The oil filter holds .2 quarts. With the other residual oil that remains after draining this seems pretty insignificant. Even if the oil is fuel-diluted to an extreme amount like 10%, leaving the filter in place only leaves a little over 1/2 ounce of gas in the engine.

Originally Posted By: CKN

That's mine dishdude.

I've always loved white paint with chrome oem wheels. Excellent combo!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I keep getting the get my Toyota Corolla to 500K itch!

A fan of self torture?
lol.gif

So far its been painless
crackmeup2.gif

You poor soul. Just how do you survive without any creature comforts like keyless entry/start, heated seats, bluetooth, dual climate control, parking sensors, cameras, etc?

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
I keep getting the get my Toyota Corolla to 500K itch!

A fan of self torture?
lol.gif

So far its been painless
crackmeup2.gif

You poor soul. Just how do you survive without any creature comforts like keyless entry/start, heated seats, bluetooth, dual climate control, parking sensors, cameras, etc?

It's real nice when it's below freezing and you remote start your truck-the heater comes on-and the heat for the seats activate.

Then after 10 minutes you climb in-. Then your cell phone automatically "pairs" to your vehicle. Then of course you turn on your Bose radio.just sayin!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24

I turned around and hopped back in my paid off Accord and drove home

You have stronger willpower than most and many would impulse buy on the spot. I avoid "visiting" dealerships for this reason alone - it's like grocery shopping when you're hungry.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Wolf359

So far its been painless
crackmeup2.gif

It's real nice when it's below freezing and you remote start your truck-the heater comes on-and the heat for the seats activate.

Then after 10 minutes you climb in-. Then your cell phone automatically "pairs" to your vehicle. Then of course you turn on your Bose radio.just sayin!

No Bose for me, just a 14 speaker 600 watt Harman Kardon system that was factory. Too bad the satellite radio quality isn't that good, but I just mostly listen to bluetooth audio. The panorama sunroof looks cool too, but only rear passengers can really enjoy it although it's bigger than the regular sunroof.

I can warm up to a 2.0T, anything less is only good for a two seater!

I have no problem with a two seater.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
OP/Garak: test drive a Camaro SS. If you ever do track days, get a 1LE. The thrill of driving will return. Get an American V8 while you can.

Believe me, that has popped into my mind several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back