How did you watch the Superbowl?

My daughter threw a party for her friends in her room ( bday for one) and watched streaming from Xfinity stream app to 2013 vintage Chromecast I bought for our former family 2010 Sony Bravia 50” LCD TV mounted her bedroom wall.

We have an OLED Sony Bravia 50” 4k used a YouTube TV account shared with a family ski home. No glitches I noticed.

Antenna on a old Samsung 55" plasma with the sound muted on the back patio. People think I'm weird watching football with no sound, Don't like other peoples opinions & commentary.

You should have watched the simulcast on Nickelodeon with commentary by SpongeBob and Patrick.

That's how I watched the entire second half. It was hilarious!

Watched the Super Bowl on a 65" Vizio OTA from KCTV Channel 5 at 1080i at the Lady Friend's home. The picture was good not great. TV is about 8 years old. Don't know if the Vizio was doing any upscaling, like converting 1080i to 1080p

I'm glad you asked this question. I started with Paramount plus, streaming through my Roku Streambar, to my 65" Samsung Frame TV. Looked incredible at first. As the game went on, the picture got worse and worse due to dropped pixels/pixelated. Switched to Spectrum cable, also streaming through the Roku, not much improvement. Started seeing the effects during commercials first, then it progressed to the game itself. Keep in mind, this is streaming through my Wire3 Fiber optic line @1000 mb/s.

Finally switched to a $20.00 digital antenna for OTA viewing....PICTURE WAS PERFECT!
Not very happy with Paramount+ at this point, nor streaming in general, during very popular shows.

I watch NFL games with only my wife and, for some games (Steelers) when my sons come over. I watched the SB on CBS by way of Xfinity. During the NFL season, I had You Tube Sunday Ticket so I could see all the games I wanted to, including those not broadcast in my local area. Yes, despite all the stuff surrounding the game, the game is what matters and the NFL still gives me what I want to see. Now that that is over, on the hockey and the Stanley Cup playoffs.

OTA CBS with gen 3 TiVo. Antenna in the attic. Fine for my purposes though we do get some interference from the airport.

I'm glad you asked this question. I started with Paramount plus, streaming through my Roku Streambar, to my 65" Samsung Frame TV. Looked incredible at first. As the game went on, the picture got worse and worse due to dropped pixels/pixelated. Switched to Spectrum cable, also streaming through the Roku, not much improvement. Started seeing the effects during commercials first, then it progressed to the game itself. Keep in mind, this is streaming through my Wire3 Fiber optic line @1000 mb/s.

Finally switched to a $20.00 digital antenna for OTA viewing....PICTURE WAS PERFECT!
Not very happy with Paramount+ at this point, nor streaming in general, during very popular shows.

How do you like The Frame TV? I had issues with Paramount+ late in the first quarter, but only with the HDR stream. First I lost picture and sound, then I got picture but no sound. Switching to the SDR stream fixed it right up, though, and the HDR stream was fine in time for the halftime show.

Wow less people still have cable than I thought lol 😂. What parts and pieces we did watch was on my parents Philips 55 inch TV with Cox Cable. Not sure the specs. Yes on CBS as they still have cable TV. If I would have had it on in my room it would have been Paramount Plus. I don’t have cable in my room but I do have a 4K TCL Roku TV which would have made it look awesome. I was kinda mad because Paramount Plus was laggy and I couldn’t watch SpongeBob during the game so I had to settle for a different non Paramount Plus show lol.

Watched it on my 120” screen with BenQ projector via Directv Stream on a Roku stick plugged into my receiver. Great picture and no pixelation issues like I’ve had in the past due to our weak internet/Directv Stream.

How do you like The Frame TV? I had issues with Paramount+ late in the first quarter, but only with the HDR stream. First I lost picture and sound, then I got picture but no sound. Switching to the SDR stream fixed it right up, though, and the HDR stream was fine in time for the halftime show.
tv2.jpg
tv1.jpg

The picture is great, the included mount and mounting hardware works perfectly, so yes, I like it a LOT. It's a bit pricey, but you get a lot of free stuff. Samsung Health w/free workout videos, some free artwork, ( the picture shown is free) Samsung TV included. Matches up perfectly with the Roku streambar. Added two surround sound speakers, and you do NOT need a subwoofer. Good sound.

Oh yeah, and contrary to most reviews I've read, you don't have to display the artwork all the time. Just hold down the power button for 5 seconds, and the TV is totally off.
I won't buy additional frame colors though, too expensive for me.

Back