How did you watch the Superbowl?

The 1080p HDR stream through Paramount+ looked INCREDIBLE on my Sony A95K OLED. Even my mother commented on how good it looked during the halftime show.

I heard the YTTV 4k upscaled stream looked great as well.

cbs.com on my secondary 1440p monitor.
Tablo@1080p from my OTA antenna to the downstairs hisense u8h

We watched it on Paramount+ on our TCL Roku TV.

I went downstairs to spend some time on the treadmill late in the 3rd quarter until my wife told me it was tied with 4 min left. I flipped my iPad over to Paramount+ and watched the rest of my treadmill session on that and then joined her for the end of the game and overtime.

Interesting note...

The stream on my iPad Paramount+ app was ahead of the Roku Paramount+ app, by a good 45-60 seconds.

cbs.com on my secondary 1440p monitor.
Tablo@1080p from my OTA antenna to the downstairs hisense u8h

OTA using an antenna.

We had a 75" Hisense but the contrast sucked so we returned it. We got a 65" Hisense U8K and it's a good TV. It can get really bright. Watching Gemini Man on it shows what HDR can do.

OTA using an antenna.

We had a 75" Hisense but the contrast sucked so we returned it. We got a 65" Hisense U8K and it's a good TV. It can get really bright. Watching Gemini Man on it shows what HDR can do.
definitely that's an incremental upgrade from the u8h. And mine gets blazin bright 2000lumins --65" model.
its been surprisingly good I was sort of expecting it to be a pile like everyone says about samsung appliances.

If you have good programming for HDR such as disney+ its pretty amazing.

I have been meaning to start over watching The Mandalorian

The 1st episode with the gatling laser and the sunbeam after they cut open the door with it looks like a shaft of sunlight in the living room.
The HDR its a whole new dimension.

Last edited:
Yeah Paramount Plus looked great when I had it. But I cancelled since I wasn't really watching it and already had TV through Comcast. They did give me a free 2 month offer when I originally wanted to cancel. And my biggest problem streaming through anything (Amazon Prime, Peacock, etc) is that it's always got some sort of delay compared to the over the air broadcast.

I don't have a box or anything. Just Comcast through the Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung 4K smart TV. Didn't look great. I might just get an antenna for over the air broadcasts.

Through several prisms.
I watched the Super Bowl over the radio as I was multitasking in the kitchen. I was on the move, rounding up car parts and supplies which had been stored hastily in the cellar.

CBS via cable provided the TV background for Mrs. Kira providing ear for the much-relieved mother of a 29 year old woman who had just cleared a needle biopsy. The happy chatting at our end was elating.

How the pundits deconstructed and rearranged the OT play; predicting what didn't happen with such accuracy, reached me today, Monday.

I'll always pull for the underdog! How much Bitcoin was bet on the Super Bowl?

OTA on the Detroit CBS affiliate. That way we can also see the U.S. commercials instead of Canadian ones, and that keeps my two teenage daughters in the room with my wife and I. They even asked a few questions about the game during the evening.

I have a decent sized antenna in my attic which is connected to a HDHomeRun Flex Duo, allows for two simultaneous channel streams at once. From there, this sits on my network and on my Apple TVs, iPhones, iPads, Mac and Windows PC... they all use the HDHomeRun app and I have all of the channels and a guide. Watched in on the 55" TV in our living room via that app broadcasted by the local CBS affiliate, WIVB-TV in Buffalo, Channel 4.

The Mac app, while it is supposed to support Mac OS X High Sierra (yeah holy old!), it only crashed on my antique iMac in my shed. Fortunately though, the HDHomeRun Flex Duo is nothing more than usual network streams and I'm able to open them via VLC. So I can still watch OTA in the shed with the old cold ancient iMac.

Antenna on a old Samsung 55" plasma with the sound muted on the back patio. People think I'm weird watching football with no sound, Don't like other peoples opinions & commentary.

Direct TV Stream over Starlink. I never saw a single buffer from transport congestion the entire game. Starlink is getting pretty impressive, much better than last year at this time.

I didn't watch it but would've just watched some highlights on YT. I did that for the Chiefs & Dolphins game.

Back