New TV! 65" Sony Bravia A95K OLED

I've been in the market for/drooling over OLED televisions for a couple years now, with my heart pretty much set on a 65" LG C3. Well... yesterday the Best Buy gods came through in a BIG way!

I happened to be on their website checking LG prices as I do occasionally, and I noticed that they had the Sony A95K available as an open box in "good" condition for $1,298.00! Long story short, the unit I got was still in the original packaging and looked 100% new aside from being opened for inspection.

It's going to take some time to break in the display, but so far it looks INCREDIBLE. I've never had a display look so lifelike and crisp. The A95K was the top of the line Sony in 2022, and uses a QD-OLED. Launch price was $3,999.99 and the last price I could find for new units was $2,999.99 meaning I got an almost new unit for over 50% off.

I've been in the market for/drooling over OLED televisions for a couple years now, with my heart pretty much set on a 65" LG C3. Well... yesterday the Best Buy gods came through in a BIG way!

I happened to be on their website checking LG prices as I do occasionally, and I noticed that they had the Sony A95K available as an open box in "good" condition for $1,298.00! Long story short, the unit I got was still in the original packaging and looked 100% new aside from being opened for inspection.

It's going to take some time to break in the display, but so far it looks INCREDIBLE. I've never had a display look so lifelike and crisp. The A95K was the top of the line Sony in 2022, and uses a QD-OLED. Launch price was $3,999.99 and the last price I could find for new units was $2,999.99 meaning I got an almost new unit for over 50% off.

I purchased that exact TV last February……..prepare to be amazed!

Why such a small screen? I thought that 75" was big until my neighbor bought some 80 something inch Samsung a few weeks ago. Picture is phenomenal. My 75" LG and the Wife's 75" curved Samsung are equivalent to some Krappy Kraco sets from yesteryear.

Why such a small screen? I thought that 75" was big until my neighbor bought some 80 something inch Samsung a few weeks ago. Picture is phenomenal. My 75" LG and the Wife's 75" curved Samsung are equivalent to some Krappy Kraco sets from yesteryear.

The 65" is a 10 inch gain over the 55" it replaced, and I only sit 9.5' from the screen. That, and the 77" Samsung S95C (the only larger QD-OLED available) is currently 3x the price I paid for the Sony. As nice as a 77" would have been, there's no way I could bring myself to spend that kind of money on a television.

Tempting
Screenshot_20231208-202638.jpg

Wow Best Buy have a deal? That’s unbelievable lol. Glad to hear you got a good deal on a nice tv though. I just go to Walmart for my TVs lol. Probably going to Best Buy tomorrow to check out the CD selection since they are completely doing away with that for 2024.

Wow Best Buy have a deal? That’s unbelievable lol. Glad to hear you got a good deal on a nice tv though. I just go to Walmart for my TVs lol. Probably going to Best Buy tomorrow to check out the CD selection since they are completely doing away with that for 2024.
If you are looking to build CC debt again BB just put a 77" samsung oled with sound bar on sale for 2k (from almost 4k);)

If you are looking to build CC debt again BB just put a 77" samsung oled with sound bar on sale for 2k (from almost 4k);)
Haha you won’t catch me paying that for a tv lol. I’m good with my TCL Black Friday special for under $200 for a 4K tv can’t beat that. I can’t think of the last time I set foot in Best Buy. I’ve got the credit cards locked until I need to use them so no temptation.

The price gap between a 65 and 75 is usually the largest step between any two sizes...not worth it in most cases unless you are in a giant room sitting quite far from the TV. The price hike outweighs the gained real estate. 65" is the sweet spot for this reason, IMO.

The price gap between a 65 and 75 is usually the largest step between any two sizes...not worth it in most cases unless you are in a giant room sitting quite far from the TV. The price hike outweighs the gained real estate. 65" is the sweet spot for this reason, IMO.
Room aesthetics, and decorating come into play for some as well. We are one of them.
Anything larger than the 65 inch to us wouldn’t fit in the room aesthetically.

We’re perfectly placed, our head about 8 feet from the Sony x900 65 inch screen and the JBL bar 500. The picture and the sound is phenomenal.
Anything bigger would not have fit in with the room decorating and dimensions.

IMG_6283.jpeg

Back