Have you ever owned a "dream" car you really wanted?

My stupid pass was a 1991 Acura NSX with 69k in 2004 for under $25k. I instead bought a brand new WRX.
I passed on a 1st gen covertible Camaro when I was 19, in 1990. Really straight, mild 327, it had been repainted, ran great and he wanted $3500 for it. Really nice car.

But gas prices had just gone up due to Saddam's invasion of Kuwait, and I wanted something that got good gas mileage, like 30 or more. Ugh. I bought an 86 Accord with a 5 speed for about $1000 more. It was a pretty good car, ran it out to 258,000 miles before selling it. In retrospect, probably the best decision at the time, but, sometimes I think about that Camaro.

Even if I could afford it, I doubt being 6'7"/2m01 that I could fit into most of the exotics I have lusted after.

Maybe a 68-72 Chevelle. My parents had a 70 when I was small.

But I'd want a driver, not a garage queen.
Did you see the episode on FantomWorks - they got confused over a certain blue (spelling) for an SS454 - and never knew it - so custom made a nice paint - here are both:

All my driving life I wanted GM to make a mid engine Corvette. They did, and I own one.

corvette1.jpg

My 84 Cutlass supreme was my dream car at one point, when I was around 15-17. 21 years later I'm still driving it regularly (3 seasons of the year).

A 1997 Acura Integra Type-R, bought in ‘99 because I didn’t want to pay a $10k market adjustment fee when it was new.
Lasted about 1 year before being stolen from my driveway, with a car cover on, an alarm, and Lo-Jack.

Yeah, the Mustang was bought as some sort of reasonable "dream" that I could actually afford at the time. Drove it yesterday and we killed them out there!! 🏎️

Back