2012 Toyota Avalon

There used to be a forum member here, a young guy (college student?) who intended to keep his Avalon forever. I wonder if he is still around? It would be interesting to get an update.

Love the Avalon.

In Arizona, you have some advantages others don't have. Lots of older folks love the Avalon, and its kissing cousin the Lexus ES.

It is about patience, and maybe friendship. I would wait for a estate selling their Avalon or ES, along with a new car trade in at Bell Lexus or like Toyota dealership. Bring the used car sales manager lunch every few weeks. Let him know exactly what you are looking for "retired persons low mileage AZ owner trade in". Patience is key, if you get it right you can hit a grand slam.

I know the Avalon is discontinued, but if I had to buy a brand-new sedan immediately - the Avalon would be, without reservation #1 on my list.
That's a great idea! I also tend to like the Avalons/ES as they seem to be dealer maintained(on time) more often than some other cars I looked at.

Reactions: GON
Not old man so much in age but supple ride, comfortable, quiet, not particularly sporty. And I can't complain about the Crown Vic she's been good to me.
I knew you didn't mean it literally & I was just ribbing a little and I agree a "Comfort" car vs a "Sporty" car is more of an older age thing I'd imagine but I've always enjoyed comfortable cars. If we can get all that in a more fuel efficient compact car than why not? right. And you have your head in the right spot for replacing your Crown Vic. Looking at a reliable brand, like this Toyota, is the cream of the crop. Especially when you are buying a used car.

Don't be afraid to look on FB marketplace either. There is a lot of junk make no mistake but That's how I found my recent Volvo purchase $5k Volvo Here that was a rust free Houston vehicle. It took some cleaning (dog hair) and a new engine motor mount but other than that it's in decent used shape. Front wheel or all wheel drive midsize SUV's is another segment you could look at too if your into that.

You can't really lose on an Avolon though but Surely you could find what you're looking for w/o being a prior rental for that kind of money or less. They were popular cars so there should be plenty of them out there. Good Luck!

I'm toying with the idea of replacing our Crown Vic in the near future and noticed these. I must have a thing for old man cars 😁

Anyways, from what I've read the 2010-12 models are good vehicles. Anything to know specific to these cars- good or bad?

Here is one very clean example with low mileage. Price seems a bit high to me but maybe not?
Had a 2011 Avalon from 99k to 294k. Really nothing that you wouldn't expect from a Toyota. Rides like a Lesabre. Nice power, good hwy mpg.

If or when you'd have to do struts, I'd try to find OEM. I had KYB Kwik Struts on the last year, they were just ok.

Had a 2011 Avalon from 99k to 294k. Really nothing that you wouldn't expect from a Toyota. Rides like a Lesabre. Nice power, good hwy mpg.

If or when you'd have to do struts, I'd try to find OEM. I had KYB Kwik Struts on the last year, they were just ok.

That's very helpful thank you

I'm also looking at the ES350s. Found one with extremely low miles it is a 2007 anything different to look out for on those? I assume the 2010 to 2012 ES cars would be similar to the avalons as far as underpinnings

That's very helpful thank you

I'm also looking at the ES350s. Found one with extremely low miles it is a 2007 anything different to look out for on those? I assume the 2010 to 2012 ES cars would be similar to the avalons as far as underpinnings
I have 2010 Avalon. Have 7 fusions in my spine. I could barely ride in anything. It’s a smooth highway car, power if needed is there and a big back seat thats more comfortable than front.

My wife gets 32-33 ish mpg on hwy. I get 29.x. Average all around on dash 23 - 24 mph.

Back