Have you cut the home phone cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Cut the land line 20 years ago. Where I am you can't even get one anymore. They quit running phone line altogether.

Sure you can and most people you know may have one, I think everyone here considers VOIP a home landline which is provided by internet providers, also included would be any home style phone in a home which includes straight talk, verizon cell based home phone lines.

More or less, if you are using a home phone in your house, that is the new meaning of landline. A phone number that is dedicated to the home.

Bottom line, having a home phone line, meaning a phone number dedicated to only my house, is a luxury I can easily afford at less then $5 a month,
Having this home telephone number, allows me to keep my cell phone number private to only those who I wish to have it.

Last edited:
Just got rid of it last month! We had kept it because our ancient ADP security system relied on it to communicate with the monitoring service. We upgraded to a wireless security system for less than we had been paying then cut the cord on the landline to save another $45/mon. Nothing more satisfying than improving your service while reducing your overhead, especially when retired.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Cut the land line 20 years ago. Where I am you can't even get one anymore. They quit running phone line altogether.

Sure you can and most people you know may have one, I think everyone here considers VOIP a home landline which is provided by internet providers, also included would be any home style phone in a home which includes straight talk, verizon cell based home phone lines.

More or less, if you are using a home phone in your house, that is the new meaning of landline. A phone number that is dedicated to the home.

Bottom line, having a home phone line, meaning a phone number dedicated to only my house, is a luxury I can easily afford at less then $5 a month,
Having this home telephone number, allows me to keep my cell phone number private to only those who I wish to have it.

I totally agree Alarmguy. And where can anyone get a cell phone unlimited talk for under $5.00 a month.

[censored] no! don't own a cell phone and don't want one
31.gif

We cut ours a few years back. We did get a device that connects to your cell by bluetooth, allowing you to use all the phones in the house over the cell.

Nope. Might if we move, get better cell service; but I'm not sure how good internet phone is. Right now we have DSL and I think it's just part of the plan, so that's what we have, at least until I go to fiber.

We can't. We don't have cell signal here. On the best days, we get a hint of signal. When you find it, stop moving if you want to keep it.

This is true for 4 different service providers so far. So we have to keep the old phone in service.

If we had better signal, we sure would cancel our home line to save $.

We went cell-only about 10 years ago. I use Google Hangouts if I want to make a long-distance call. Most of my "calls" nowadays are voice or video calls via one of the mainstream messaging services.

Originally Posted By: Broo
We can't. We don't have cell signal here. On the best days, we get a hint of signal. When you find it, stop moving if you want to keep it.

This is true for 4 different service providers so far. So we have to keep the old phone in service.

If we had better signal, we sure would cancel our home line to save $.

Where are you at, Broo ?? You have internet .... Go VOIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back