Have you cut the home phone cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup - all it did was ring with solicitation.

Don't miss it one bit.

UD

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Bud
Have not and probably will not. Wife does not like long conversations using a cell phone. Just her personal preference.

I definitely agree on this. Cellphones don't have anywhere near the clarity and quality audio that landlines have and I they bet never will.

I have a voip account because I also dislike conversing via cell phones. Even in good coverage areas, cell phone audio quality is barely adequate...

Got rid of it about a decade ago. If I fall on the floor without my phone my Google Home will call anyone (but 911) hands free so hopefully someone will be able to relay an emergency call. Cut satellite two years ago.

Yes sir! But, every time I call Verizon with phone problems, they recommend I call them from a landline. Very funny! I ask them to send me a second phone for technical support. Customer service rep tells me that they have to diagnose phone first.

Verizon does not guarantee your cell phone will work indoors. I have a stucco home and the wire interferes with the signal. Although; I can hit the Verizon tower (eye sore) with a baseball.

Cell service is very limited in New Mexico.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Yep, in 1997.

I actually had to lie to one of my banks as they required all clients to have a landline account at the time. I gave them my cell number, told them it was a landline, and that was the end of it.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Bud
Have not and probably will not. Wife does not like long conversations using a cell phone. Just her personal preference.

I definitely agree on this. Cellphones don't have anywhere near the clarity and quality audio that landlines have and I they bet never will.

Cellphones maybe not.

Smartphones like Apple to Apple on Verizon have HD quality that is way superior then landlines and the cells phones running thru older frequencies.

I do kept my "land line" using Ooma for $4.99/month and $50 for refurbished connection.

Quality is ho hum but wife likes land phone just in case.

I don't have a plan for my cell phone, I hardly use it, so it's cheaper to just lump it in with the land line.

Originally Posted By: bigjl
The only reason we have a phone line is Internet.

We have not had the home phone plugged in for 5 years at least.

+1

Need a phone number to have Internet.

Since we moved, we've not hooked up a landline, so therefore don't get billed for that part of the service.

I just recently cut my home phone cord and my cable TV cord. Just have internet service and a cell phone now. I'm saving almost $1700 a year. Went and bought 2 TVs ... one was 1080p and one 4K, and also a Ruko streamer. Cost me ~$750 for all that, which is just a little over 5 months of phone and cable costs. There is so much stuff to steam these days why would anyone want to pay $100+/month for cable TV? I'm sure the rate of people cutting the cord is accelerating all the time, especially with all the available steamed media.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

That's in Oz? I don't ... which is nice.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Shannow

That's in Oz? I don't ... which is nice.

Yep, neither should we need one, but it's not an option.

I've had a home phone on and off since I moved out of my parents house, back before unlimited plans my cell phone bill was getting large so I offset that by getting a home phone and I needed it for my home alarm. My wifes signing up for a home phone this week however since its cheap and we're expecting. Sometimes the network is busy and won't connect so its piece of mind when she goes into labour she can call me.

As for cable tv well we usually get it for the winter since there is a basic $25 month package. I just want it for local news and weather and the few shows I actually do watch. In the summer we're busy to watch tv so we cancel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back