Wow’ed (again) by HPL customer service

I know it’s been pointed out many times by other members with various examples but I just wanted to share my interaction today with @High Performance Lubricants that really impressed me…..

So, of course, I wanted to get in on their 25% holiday weekend sale so I called them directly with a request. My Mazda 3 takes 5qts (technically 4.8) so I had a quart left over from the last OCI where I ordered the 6qt case. While Mary Jane didn’t answer the phone the woman who did help me said I could order 2 gallons and 1 individual quart to have enough for 2 OCIs combined with the lone qt I had leftover. Wow. Try that level of customization of sizing and packaging calling anywhere else. Let alone any other company taking the time to answer the phone and diligently help you save money.

Even though my normie daily driver probably can’t tell a true difference between HPL and Acme Big Box Store Brand X, customer service and the bending over backward to accommodate us is what makes it easy to give them my business without a second thought.
IMG_3731.jpg
💭

Indeed, HPLs staff goes the extra mile to make sure you get what you want, even if it causes them extra work.

This is the beauty of a smaller operations; they are flexible and responsive. This isn't XOM here; there are no corporate rules to follow other than "The customer gets what the customer wants." It's a reflection of Dave Ward and his entire team of people; they work well together, making great products, moving them out to their customers all in the best way possible. From beginning to end, it's a well-run enterprise.

Indeed, HPLs staff goes the extra mile to make sure you get what you want, even if it causes them extra work.

This is the beauty of a smaller operations; they are flexible and responsive. This isn't XOM here; there are no corporate rules to follow other than "The customer gets what the customer wants." It's a reflection of Dave Ward and his entire team of people; they work well together, making great products, moving them out to their customers all in the best way possible. From beginning to end, it's a well-run enterprise.
My sentiments exactly.

These comparisons of blenders to vertically integrated petrochemical companies are lost on me …
Good as they may be - blenders are not something 95% of the population are going to follow vs OEM approved lubes …
Other boutiques at the same price point is a more realistic comparison

Good as they may be - blenders are not something 95% of the population are going to follow vs OEM approved lubes …

That's fine. They're not HPL's market. HPL isn't trying to compete with Mobil 1, Pennzoil, or Valvoline in the commuter market. They have their niche, to which they produce great products that aren't hindered by those approvals, using chemistry and base oil blends that none of the majors will use. Also, they make those products to absolute precision, blending by weight rather than volume, and excellent consistency with scales so sensitive that the wind off the ceiling fan will throw off the scale on a 1,000 gallon blend tank. There's a niche of people who recognize the company going above and beyond, in customer service as well, and give them their support. The majority will not, and that's okay. Honestly, BITOG sales make up
Looking at other boutique brands, a lot of what HPL does you won't get from Amsoil, Red Line, Penngrade, etc... They're unlikely to blend a single quart of custom oil for a customer or provide custom labels and packaging volume at the customer's request. That, to me, is a big part of what puts HPL above those others in this niche market of ours.

That's fine. They're not HPL's market. HPL isn't trying to compete with Mobil 1, Pennzoil, or Valvoline in the commuter market. They have their niche, to which they produce great products that aren't hindered by those approvals, using chemistry and base oil blends that none of the majors will use. Also, they make those products to absolute precision, blending by weight rather than volume, and excellent consistency with scales so sensitive that the wind off the ceiling fan will throw off the scale on a 1,000 gallon blend tank. There's a niche of people who recognize the company going above and beyond, in customer service as well, and give them their support. The majority will not, and that's okay. Honestly, BITOG sales make up
Looking at other boutique brands, a lot of what HPL does you won't get from Amsoil, Red Line, Penngrade, etc... They're unlikely to blend a single quart of custom oil for a customer or provide custom labels and packaging volume at the customer's request. That, to me, is a big part of what puts HPL above those others in this niche market of ours.
Which makes my point - they are not in the same market and you have pointed that out before …
But let’s not assume Mobil is feeding Red Bull Racing mere Walmart lubes - they like to dabble in a few things as well - or it’s all too boring …

Ordered my 4 gal case on Cyber Monday (yesterday).
It arrived today! Zowie - that's FAST !

Well heck… you live like 100 miles away from their place… Shouldn’t take that long to begin with… :LOL:

I’m messing with you of course.

I’m glad you got it that fast. HPL is a great oil and company.

Back