Got the new truck home and actual payout.

congrats on the new truck. USAA has always been good to us since I joined as a cadet.
USAA has been terrible on insurance prices for like 10 years now unfortunately. Their CS has also gone downhill too.

I would demand an extra $500 off for that idiotic decal/badge on the front. Nice ride otherwise.
BUT, The Chinese LOVE big emblems! Same reason the Buick emblem is so big. They also like firmer seats, which is why I never bought an Impala I looked at a few years ago.

[QUOTE="I USAA has been terrible on insurance prices for like 10 years now unfortunately. Their CS has also gone downhill too.
[/QUOTE]
Still better than anyone else I have dealt with.

Truck did sell t auction today.
Winning Bid: $10,775.00. Out the auction door (not including ten percent sales tax):

Estimated Final Cost

$11,913.00​

*This is an estimate only and not a final cost.

Cost Breakdown​

• Bid Amount $10,775.00
  • Buyer Fee $900.00
  • Internet Bid Fee $149.00
  • Service Fee $79.00

Truck did sell t auction today.
Winning Bid: $10,775.00. Out the auction door (not including ten percent sales tax):

Estimated Final Cost

$11,913.00​

*This is an estimate only and not a final cost.

Cost Breakdown​

• Bid Amount $10,775.00
  • Buyer Fee $900.00
  • Internet Bid Fee $149.00
  • Service Fee $79.00
Were you the winning bidder? What's the clean value of the truck. I always though about 30% of clean value was fair for rebuildable salvage.

Last edited:
Were you the winning bidder? What's the clean value of the truck. I always though about 30% of clean value was fair for rebuildable salvage.
No, I was not the winning bidder, just tracked the sale. At under 50k miles and the truck in mint condition (prior to accident), the truck would easily have sold for well north of 30k.

Back