Got the new truck home and actual payout.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Well it didn't hurt too bad, but more than I wanted it to. It really is a nice vehicle. Quiet. Plenty of power and rides very nice. I think it will be great for towing. It can tow 16,000lbs. My heaviest trailer is 8000. 401HP and 464 ftl/lbs of torque. No DOD/AFM, no start stop. I like that. Brakes are phenomenal and the transmission is very nice.

So now for the numbers. I paid MSRP of 57,035. I had got a whole 500 bucks off from GM for military. Still was the best deal I could find on this trim level with these options just about anywhere. USAA paid out...46,850 dollars for my 2017. Which is fair market value around here. Crazy.

Anyway, here you go.
20230926_141630.jpg

20230926_145516.jpg

20230926_145506.jpg

20230926_145543.jpg

20230926_145706.jpg

20230926_145714.jpg

20230926_145551.jpg

Enjoy your new truck, hard for me to believe your 2017 was totaled, the damage did not look that bad must have been some hidden damage you cannot see.
The said bent frame, only one place was willing to fix it with frame swap. I never got to see it.

I would demand an extra $500 off for that idiotic decal/badge on the front. Nice ride otherwise.
at least they got away from the oversized Gold Bow Tie. I always found that one to be the most hideous badge Chevy ever used.
I liked the older smalled Blue or Black bow tie with the chevrolet script..

at least they got away from the oversized Gold Bow Tie. I always found that one to be the most hideous badge Chevy ever used.
I liked the older smalled Blue or Black bow tie with the chevrolet script..
We make them change to black - so much better … now if smaller …

The said bent frame, only one place was willing to fix it with frame swap. I never got to see it.
thats a nice truck.. I dislike the loaded trucks, but the Custom seems to be a nice model,
if I was in the market for a new truck, I will probably go back to a gas model, now that they have enough oomph and a ten speed.

this is a pic of what I thought was the best Chevy Truck I ever owned.
truck 002.JPG

The Chevy emblem?
That Z71, I hate callouts on vehicles. Nothing like a giant 4X4 decal taking up a bunch of the bed or some type of nonsense on the gate or fenders. The maker emblems on the grille and tailgate are enough. One of my pet peeves I guess. Hope it's a great truck for hime!

That Z71, I hate callouts on vehicles. Nothing like a giant 4X4 decal taking up a bunch of the bed or some type of nonsense on the gate or fenders. The maker emblems on the grille and tailgate are enough. One of my pet peeves I guess. Hope it's a great truck for hime!
Yeah I never even thought about it. They are big. This thing is just tool for me. I won't drive it often but need it to be reliable for what and when I tow.

me too, of course a heat gun and that stuff peels off in a second..

thats a nice truck.. I dislike the loaded trucks, but the Custom seems to be a nice model,
if I was in the market for a new truck, I will probably go back to a gas model, now that they have enough oomph and a ten speed.

this is a pic of what I thought was the best Chevy Truck I ever owned.
View attachment 180629
Had a couple GMT 400s. An 88 3/4 ton, 89 1 ton, and the kids 97 Z71. I will say they were good, but that 17 was the best one I every owned. I will miss it.

Had a couple GMT 400s. An 88 3/4 ton, 89 1 ton, and the kids 97 Z71. I will say they were good, but that 17 was the best one I every owned. I will miss it.
yeah, the one in the picture is a 2000... I think I owned five different trucks on that body style...

they call it a Classic as all the other 2000's at that point were the newer body style.. I know when I needed parts I would just say it was a 98 K3500 or I would probably get the wrong parts

That's a pretty nice upgrade and an excellent price for the old one. Based on a previous thread I thought the upgrade was going to run 'bout $20k. So you did quite well which you deserve for all that you've been through. Congrats to you!

Some C.quartz DLUX on the plastic trim and headlights will keep them looking new for many years. You can get it on autogeek.net.

I don't know how I feel about it yet. I should be more excited. I am sure the more I drive the more I will appreciate it. I was paranoid driving it home. That is too much money to wreck!
It's got a timeless look about it. I think it will age very well. And I think the truck will gradually grow on you and you'll get used to it. 🙂

That's the perfect truck right there.

In the long run I don't think you did too bad, getting this one for MSRP and the value being so high on a 6+ year old truck in the long run you might have broken even.

Back