A surprisingly Good Meal at Applebee's

Would love to try to love more local restaurants. Most here are run by people who are younger than me. The food is rarely on point with no consistency from visit to visit. Went to a Mexican Restaurant that to order u had to tell the bartender your table number so the servers knew you were ready to order. A local owned Breakfast and Lunch place. I ordered Biscuits and Gravy, the biscuits were from a tube. Never going back there. There are lots of odd local places, and very few I have tried have cut the mustard.
Agree.

And most don’t last long and they wonder why.

When I go to premium restruants, I like healthier items. I really enjoy the steamed cheesed broccoli at Applebee's.

...but I prefer Panera Bread for the salads. However, they are never inexpensive.

McDonalds is the worst offender, I guess they give you low salt by default, and the condiments have no taste. The letuce and opinions are bland. Compared to Wendy´s.

My last experience with Applebee's was this... My son was in Jr High. After a school concert, all the kids wanted to meet at Applebee's. I gave my son sixty bucks so not to get caught short and gave him strict instructions to tip and to call me if there was a problem. Upon picking him up, I asked is there change? He said no. I said you ate sixty dollars worth of food? He said no, when it came time to pay the bill, more than half of the kids didn't have any money so those of us that did, used all their money to pay. I said what kind of a tip did you leave? He said none. We didn't have money for a tip. I immediately turned around, went back inside and gave the manager forty bucks for the waitress. He thanked me profusely.
That Applebee's was five minutes from my house at the time and I don't think I ever ate there. As for the dirtbags that sent their kids out without money, from then on, we always arranged for the kids we knew to do something together and blew off the rest.
I'm glad I don't live in that town anymore.

My last experience with Applebee's was this... My son was in Jr High. After a school concert, all the kids wanted to meet at Applebee's. I gave my son sixty bucks so not to get caught short and gave him strict instructions to tip and to call me if there was a problem. Upon picking him up, I asked is there change? He said no. I said you ate sixty dollars worth of food? He said no, when it came time to pay the bill, more than half of the kids didn't have any money so those of us that did, used all their money to pay. I said what kind of a tip did you leave? He said none. We didn't have money for a tip. I immediately turned around, went back inside and gave the manager forty bucks for the waitress. He thanked me profusely.
That Applebee's was five minutes from my house at the time and I don't think I ever ate there. As for the dirtbags that sent their kids out without money, from then on, we always arranged for the kids we knew to do something together and blew off the rest.
I'm glad I don't live in that town anymore.
I agree..........but................depends on how such a thing was organized

12 year olds. Assumption.

After school. Say 5 PM

Did the other parents even know it was going down? Did the kids tell them? Were the people poor?

You are right "organization" is the key word.

Not poking, very interesting case study!

I agree..........but................depends on how such a thing was organized

12 year olds. Assumption.

After school. Say 5 PM

Did the other parents even know it was going down? Did the kids tell them? Were the people poor?

You are right "organization" is the key word.

Not poking, very interesting case study!
No one was poor. That's just how they are.

Back