Fake mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bjornviken
Originally Posted By: Warstud
I was changing oil in my toyota carina E with mobil1 0w-40 and after 200km started produce heavy engine noise.

Since it produced alot of engine noise I'd say that's the real Mobil.

340k km on mobil 1
smile.gif

To paraphrase Blackstone, “next time try 500km”
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Member name "Jooksing" also got some counterfeit Mobil 1 from a walmart.

Counterfeit in this context is saying that some entity is producing "oil" in bottles and with fake labels to deceive the purchaser. What Jooksing got was either tampered product or the whole thing was made up, somewhat different than a counterfeit product.

Like a scam from the start???

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Member name "Jooksing" also got some counterfeit Mobil 1 from a walmart.

Counterfeit in this context is saying that some entity is producing "oil" in bottles and with fake labels to deceive the purchaser. What Jooksing got was either tampered product or the whole thing was made up, somewhat different than a counterfeit product.

Like a scam from the start???
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: nap
I was changing oil in my toyota carina E with mobil1 0w-40 and after 200km started produce heavy engine noise.

340k km on mobil 1
smile.gif

laugh.gif

Why not … my driver did more than twice that on the Mobil 1 0w40 in Europe …

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Do you mean, you think someone did an oil switch?
[taking the M1 out and putting in something cheaper]

It is possible

I have heard of this happening and especially with oil filters, switched right at the store. I have also seen at our Walmart where someone was trying to return a JUG of Mobil 1 oil and they were returning used oil in the JUG and got caught!

340k km on mobil 1
smile.gif

laugh.gif

It was no problem to run the older version of mobil 1 0w-40 for 30k km oci.

Do you mean, you think someone did an oil switch?
[taking the M1 out and putting in something cheaper]

It is possible

I have heard of this happening and especially with oil filters, switched right at the store. I have also seen at our Walmart where someone was trying to return a JUG of Mobil 1 oil and they were returning used oil in the JUG and got caught!

Yes can be someone that have changed it. Or it can be rest of 70 ton fake oils.. hard to prove. I was to the store and asked where they get the oils from, and guess what.. they are coming from Estland. And i told them about my problem and they didint care less. Now i gonna see if they have any proof or documents that they get the real stuff or i will take it to the police.

It is possible [/quote]

I have heard of this happening and especially with oil filters, switched right at the store. I have also seen at our Walmart where someone was trying to return a JUG of Mobil 1 oil and they were returning used oil in the JUG and got caught! [/quote]

I'm glad they got caught.
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD

crackmeup2.gif

This is indicative of what this site is becoming

Sad but true. Even "fake Mobil 1" wouldn't produce terrible noises immediately and be detected as counterfeit oil. Worst case it was some cheap 30 wt bulk dino oil, it STILL probably would run just fine for a normal interval. I'm not saying it's not good to be lied to and not get what you paid for but pouring it in, hearing a noise and then draining it due to paranoia is just nonsense.

The OP would be better off if it was fake Mobil 1. Unlike Texaco, Mobil 1 doesn't knock out the knocks. (Source: Bob Hope)

Last edited:
Some people are just being silly while some others are crazy. The challenge is to determine which.

Yup, and sometimes the line is pretty blurred.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger

The OP would be better off if it was fake Mobil 1. Unlike Texaco, Mobil 1 doesn't knock out the knocks. (Source: Bob Hope)

Mobil 1 is quality oil. Just having fun with the Mobilites.

That was Gulf Oil's "No-Nox" premium.

Originally Posted By: garageman402

That was Gulf Oil's "No-Nox" premium.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJCsJ6qP_8

The video posted above is not the one intended. Below is the correct video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r9bLZgFBY-Y

Originally Posted By: jayg
Originally Posted By: 4WD

crackmeup2.gif

This is indicative of what this site is becoming

Sad but true. Even "fake Mobil 1" wouldn't produce terrible noises immediately and be detected as counterfeit oil. Worst case it was some cheap 30 wt bulk dino oil, it STILL probably would run just fine for a normal interval. I'm not saying it's not good to be lied to and not get what you paid for but pouring it in, hearing a noise and then draining it due to paranoia is just nonsense.

immediately is not few hundred km.what do you know about my experience? paranoia? engine sounds like a diesel. Car have been running fine before. Mineral oils = death to a engine over here. only ting here that is nonsense its you comment!

The video posted above is not the one intended. Below is the correct video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r9bLZgFBY-Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSRd13xDorA&app=desktop

It's funny, my dad was a WWII vet and hated Bob Hope for his USO work...think he felt like Hope was treated like some kind of war hero when he was just an entertainer. Dad was also very bitter about John Wayne having a patriotic tough guy reputation when he never served...he was too old to be drafted for WWII, but Henry Fonda was even older and volunteered to serve.

Originally Posted By: jayg

immediately is not few hundred km.what do you know about my experience? paranoia? engine sounds like a diesel. Car have been running fine before. Mineral oils = death to a engine over here. only ting here that is nonsense its you comment!

Immediately IS a few hundred kilometers. Mineral oil is death to an engine in Finland why exactly? You could switch between Mobil 1 and a bulk conventional 5w30 and be absolutely perfect anywhere else in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back