Does anyone need a truck like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a door ding on that Suburban and my Corolla which has door edge guards wasn't damaged.
There is a 'principle' of the universe called gravity.

There is another 'principle' of the universe called, 'you reap what you sow'.

The person that parked intentionally too close to you may or may not have learned anything.

You may or may not learn anything.

Not being an ash.

Believe me, there are things in my life that I pray for crop failure. Way more than a door ding or inconvenience.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread and tick people off. But some people in big vehicles have an ego problem. What you drive is your choice and I have nothing against that.

The funny thing is that I'm the guy that parks out and doesn't mind walking another 30 seconds because I don't want to get a door ding. I even take into account the angle of a parking so a shopping cart won't roll into my car. But I parked out as I usually do and did a pull through so I wouldn't need to backup. Plenty of empty spaces where both our vehicles were. It's as if the Suburban did it to be a jerk.
You weren't there to see how close he/she parked to me. I had to squeeze in my car and I'm skinny. I doubt many members here could have got in my car.

If you think I'm joking: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ewd-no-gas-price-pics-etc.356182/post-6358060

I didn't mean to hijack this thread and tick people off. But some people in big vehicles have an ego problem. What you drive is your choice and I have nothing against that.

The funny thing is that I'm the guy that parks out and doesn't mind walking another 30 seconds because I don't want to get a door ding. I even take into account the angle of a parking so a shopping cart won't roll into my car. But I parked out as I usually do and did a pull through so I wouldn't need to backup. Plenty of empty spaces where both our vehicles were. It's as if the Suburban did it to be a jerk.
You weren't there to see how close he/she parked to me. I had to squeeze in my car and I'm skinny. I doubt many members here could have got in my car.

If you think I'm joking: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ewd-no-gas-price-pics-etc.356182/post-6358060
I would be sad if one my kids parked close didn't realize it and some goofball door dinged a car because they felt slighted or better than them because they don't drive the big evil vehicle. You still don't know if they were trying to be a jerk or not, but you intentionally left them a gift. You call it how you see. I see it totally different.

I work with plenty of folks who haul nothing more than a bed full of air with crew cab half tons and no kids to sit in those back seats.
To me, this is no more than foolishness.
To them, it fulfills some need and who am I to gainsay their choice?
A carbon tax to create a market mechanism to reduce carbon emissions?
I'm in favor of it, but I am not one to try to ban or severely restrict what the sheeple can buy.

I was at a sporting goods store recently and a black Chevy Suburban parked next to my Corolla Hybrid when I was already in the store. It was as if he/she purposefully saw the hybrid badges on my car and decided to park well off center for no reason and left me little room to get in my car. I put a door ding on that Suburban and my Corolla which has door edge guards wasn't damaged.
You vandalized an expensive SUV ?
I have used a beach towel to get out of that kind of jam before
Folks here need to work in a Korean shipyard … there is inches between vehicles and they pass out peel n stick rubber strips

You vandalized an expensive SUV ?
I have used a beach towel to get out of that kind of jam before
Folks here need to work in a Korean shipyard … there is inches between vehicles and they pass out peel n stick rubber strips
Vandalized?
No, he just left them a little reminder not to play games with others in a parking lot.
I have no doubt that their poor parking was deliberate and the thing is almost certainly leased anyway.
He wasn't in a Korean yard either. He was parked out in a clear area with no reason for anyone to park close to him unless they wanted to start something.

• Haha
Reactions: 4WD
Vandalized?
No, he just left them a little reminder not to play games with others in a parking lot.
I have no doubt that their poor parking was deliberate and the thing is almost certainly leased anyway.
Amazing all the things you are sure of …

Vandalized?
I have no doubt that their poor parking was deliberate and the thing is almost certainly
Wow, you have been here forever i used to love your post. It is exactly what he did. I didn't lease my truck. I bought it. I feel like some people her have a personal problem with trucks. I can't believe I'm reading this stuff. I'm off to shop ranch hand bumpers. Ill give the hyper miler a lesson I dont like your smug Prius...see how horrible that sounds? Something I woukd never do even if you made me mad. You turn the other cheek do the right thing and move on with your day. My wife can't park for....we talk about all the time. I'm truly in disbelief.

Last edited:
I was at a sporting goods store recently and a black Chevy Suburban parked next to my Corolla Hybrid when I was already in the store. It was as if he/she purposefully saw the hybrid badges on my car and decided to park well off center for no reason and left me little room to get in my car. I put a door ding on that Suburban and my Corolla which has door edge guards wasn't damaged.

Seems you may have an ego issue as well. Without meeting or seeing the other driver, you somehow know they parked beside you off center , on purpose because they are driving a large vehicle.

Perhaps its someone in a hurry, or a wife driving her husbands suburban, or a husband driving his wifes suburban, or a young driver out on a errand for the parents.

Either way, you don't really know why, but by golly, you taught them a lesson!!

Who has the ego ? Is it fair now to say that some people in small hybrids have an ego problem ?

Poor judgment and actions, more maturity next time.

Fun reading this thread, guess I am also out because I have to take my wife's Yukon out and look for small cars to park next too because they know what I am thinking!!:ROFLMAO: Don't want to take my Land Rover or Caddy out cause I don't want it dented:eek:

Well I'm out ladies and gents enjoy your crusade.
Word.

My girl has a Navigator. She is also disabled and has a 5lb carry weight restriction and isn't supposed to walk more than a few minutes at a time. Sometimes we have to squeeze that big ol Navigator into places I don't like to squeeze it. Sometimes all of the handicapped parking is full. Sometimes she does the absolute best she can if she has to go somewhere alone and it is a bit of a booger when all the handicapped spaces are full. In the small town she lives in, the parking lots don't even HAVE enough room to park far away.

And sometimes soccer moms AND dads just can't park things like Suburbans worth a tin snit. They are jackwagons - but probably not malicious jackwagons.

But we all know ALL big honking vehicle owners are like the select few that are taking up 3 Tesla spots to be malicous jackwagons. Just like ALL hybrid/EV owners are entitled little trust fund babies...

I kid, but you get the point.

1696548810722.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back