Do your pets eat people food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I buy sweet ham and give the dogs a few slices, they go crazy over freshly sliced sweet ham from Publix deli.

They also love yellow American Cheese.

The real question of more concern is "how many people eat pet food.
frown.gif

Absolutely not. They get high quality dog food and that's it. I don't put up with begging at the table either, they don't care to anyways since I never rewarded them for doing it.

I want them to live long and healthy lives, we have one that is 17-1/2 which is pretty amazing considering her thyroid issues, blood pressure, and Cushing's disease that she's had for years (gets medication everyday).

Do your pets a favor and research what goes into a high percentage of dog foods. Do you know what digestive contents are? It's whatever happens to be in the gut of slaughtered livestock. Livestock that is not healthy enough for humans to eat, is bought by some of the pet food companies. Have you ever though of what happens to large animal roadkill? Some companies collect bodies of cats and dogs from pounds. That sounds like a lie, but that's what research coughed up. My sister and I were both researching, and discovered the same information. Many years ago I had purchased a cheaper dry dog food, and found a piece of a red nylon collar in the bag. How do you suppose that got in there? Oh, and creosote is often used as a preservative on the meats used in pet food.

My 4-legged children are fed a good quality dry food, to which I add canned people veggies. Green beans, peas, beats, carrots. Now all of them at once. LOL In addition I'll add a little of whatever kind of meat is on the dinner table. Lolly, my female Chihuahua loves raw carrot sticks.

Something you may consider is a gelatin supplement. I get it from the vitamin aisle. When Lolly turned 9, she began getting stiff joints. It took awhile for me to come up with the idea of giving her the supplement. After just a week of getting the gelatin sprinkled onto her food, she was getting better. It has been about 3 months now, and she is no longer stiff in her joints. She can run again.

No people food...don't want them begging. Grain-free dry kibble, a little white bread or cheese to hide meds that taste bad. For some reason my doodles go BONKERS for ice. They'll stick their whole muzzles into their outside bowl and grab the ice out...merrily chomping away.

The 5 month old is prone to diarrhea with some foods and it took awhile to find a food that didn't affect him poorly. My wife called him "lavaboy" when he was still having tummy upsets because it would erupt from his behind like hot lava. The vet just said to avoid grains and pork and find something that firmed up his bowel movements. Blue Limited Ingredient purple bag...I think it's lamb and potato but I won't swear to it.

Originally Posted By: Al
The real question of more concern is "how many people eat pet food.
frown.gif

What is the difference between prepared pet food and prepared people food?

You are eating bad food?
smile.gif

Of course no chocolate, fake American cheese or milk for the pets.

Cheese Heads:

Who in their right mind buys american cheese food garbage anymore?

Get some Provolone, Mild cheddar, Gouda or Havarti to break your poor habit.

My cats aren't very interested in a lot of my food. They need meat and fish, and while I eat those regularly, I tend to season them a little too strongly for the cats' taste. Once in a while the big black fellow, Wolf, will show interest in cleaning up my plate after I've had salmon or tilapia. And they both love the occasional pinch of shredded cheddar cheese.

The white-and-black cat, Chekov, loves the shredded dried squid the local Chinese market sells as snacks for humans. To me it smells like the squid had gangrene before it died, but he gobbles it up. Wolf won't touch it -- and he is a cat who will knock you down to get to the food bowl, so it must smell awful to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back