CZ anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tiir
I recently purchased a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical after wanting a CZ for almost a decade; all I can say is, I should of bought one earlier. Nothing can be perfect, but their firearms are as close as it gets, it's one of the finest pistols a person can put in their hands - the things a tack driver, it has the most phenomenal ergonomics of any gun I have ever held; it fits like a glove that truly feels like it's a extension of my arm with almost no recoil which is due to the weight of it; in which I have absolutely no problem with.

As others have said; it's one of the most underrated, and overlooked guns that outperforms guns that are several hundred dollars more without question.

The CZ versions of guns can be somewhat confusing, so here's the model I got - the SP-01 tactical just swaps a manual safety for a decocker (how I prefer my pistols)

15z_CZSP01Tactical_L_91153_01153.png

You know, for a while I was down on the Black Polycoat finish CZ supplies with most of their non Stainless Steel pistols. Then, a few years ago I bought a CZ-97 in .45 ACP in Black Polycoat. The finish has held up very well. So I wanted a CZ-75 in the same finish, because it's the only one I don't have. (I have one in both polished and matte Stainless Steel). The Black Polycoat seems to be even more durable than powdercoat.

Back when I was working for McCulloch Corporation in the 90's, they would powdercoat all of the cast Aluminum parts before they did any drilling or machining on them. The women in the machine shop would toss them from bin to bin after they finished their operations on them. When I first saw it I thought it would have to ding them up. But that stuff was so durable it never left a mark on them. This Black Polycoat from CZ seems very similar as far as durability. Certainly better than the spray painted finish Beretta is supplying on the frames of their Inox Stainless pistols. There are complaints everywhere about problems with it flaking and discoloring.

Originally Posted By: bcossa2001
Guess I’m odd man out. I purchased a new CZ 75 BD and was not impressed. I had no misfires or mechanical issues with the firearm (besides the decock lever being terribly stiff) but learned the hard way to handle the firearm before you buy it, as it was small for my hands.
I much prefer my Beretta 92A1.
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif

You probably have very large hands or atleast long fingers as one of the most common complaints on the 92 series is the long reach for the trigger. Indeed a popular mod is a trigger that brings it closer to the shooter's hand.

I do love CZ's and have shot many. I only have ever had an issue twice with them. Once was a busted firing pin on a CZ712. However CZ had those shotguns made for them by Huglu so I cannot fault CZ and they sent me replacement parts free of charge. The other was a CZ40B, which is an odd ball in the CZ world as it was the result of a collaboration with Colt in the 90's. This was basically a DA/SA version of the Colt Z40 pistol. It pointed well, was machined and finished great but had issues with failures to feed and premature slide lock. So I ditched it with the rest of my 40 S&W guns.

But that pistol and its CZ40P brother are long gone and all the current offerings by CZUSA are products you can certainly depend on.

I use a CZ SP-01 Shadow Target for competitive shooting. Good gun, accurate, reliable, easy to reload for. I also shoot a CZ 452 Training Rifle in CMP Rimfire Sporter matches. Best open sighted 22 Rifle I have ever shot. CZ's are good guns.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
I've had CZ50, CZ70, several CZ75 that were all tremendous.

The CZ40B...not a fan. I only kept it a short time, it just never felt right to me.

It felt good to me since it had 1911 ergos minus the annoying grip safety. I just couldn't get mine to run...nor could CZ or the local gunsmith. Plus once the AWB expired and I could get more than 10 rounds, I just dumped my 40 guns and replaced them with higher cap 9mm pieces.

Last edited:
I'm a 1911 fan, but I find that Commander sized guns (nominal 4.25 inch barrel) point better for me than gov't models (5 inch). I also had a Colt Officer's ACP Enhanced with a really short barrel, maybe 3 inches that was awful...couldn't hit a barn from the inside with that one.

Originally Posted By: billt460
This is my CZ-527 LUX in .223 I picked up several years ago. It has a Leupold Vari-X II 3-9X 40 MM in CZ steel rings. It's a very accurate rifle with a beautiful set trigger. The action is smooth as silk.

Love it. I have a carbine in 7.62x39 which is fun and accurate (and cheap to shoot!).

I'm thinking of getting another in 7.62 X 39 MM as well. Just to have a bolt gun to shoot that caliber. I have ton of ammo for all of my AK platform rifles, so it would be a nice addition.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I'm thinking of getting another in 7.62 X 39 MM as well. Just to have a bolt gun to shoot that caliber. I have ton of ammo for all of my AK platform rifles, so it would be a nice addition.

I would love one of those as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back