how many of you keep your firearms locked up?

No bait intended.. I was honestly just curious about other folks feelings about next year as far as what they expected it to be like, most folks seem to have an unease about 2024, but nobody talks about it 😉

Since this is the firearms forum I thought folks may share what they're worried about or how they're preparing. I think politics are a smaller part of the worries than folks make it out to be. Regardless of leadership, I think fear of rising prices and crime, the continuing pandemic, unpredictable shortages of many things, world conflict, and just an overall unpredictability are making folks nervous, and sometimes it's helpful to hear other people's feedback on things 😉

I definitely don't think the world is ending next year, but I think it's going to be more stressful. Survivable for sure, just more stressful.

And there were several honest, thoughtful responses to my question up above without any explosive political bs 👍 That's what I was looking for 😃 I know most everything tends to get drug into an online battle, because some folks like to fight over anything, but I don't think it has to be that way. At least that wasn't my intention ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Zero unease for me minus the Kentucky bluegrass renovation I'm trying to pull off after killing off my old lawn

@J Dubbs - there have been dramatic changes in sales numbers, and as a result, prices and availability of firearms and ammo in previous election years.

2012, as an example, precipitated a “crisis” in the availability of both. Firearm prices doubled. Shelves were bare. Ammo prices quadrupled, and many types were simply not in stock.

Price and availability returned to normal in about 2014.

There was a similar run up in sales, and similar scarcity and price increases, in 2020.

Gun stores have good inventory at the moment. Ammo prices (and we will use 5.56 and 9mm as yardsticks) are down more than 50% from their highest point last year to about 50% above 2018 lows.

Doesn‘t take much to reckon that a spike in sales, and prices, along with a reduction in availability, is about to happen again.
It's definitely going to happen again, and in fact it's already starting. That was one of the ways I was suggesting folks get prepared... pick up any ammo you think you might need now, because folks who follow the ammo industry are seeing the shortages caused by all the ammo being supplied to the Ukraine conflict directly affecting what's being produced for the US civilian market.

And it appears when the shelves clear out in the US, they may not be restocked much, if at all, till the Ukraine conflict is resolved.

It’s for your own good. Subjects don’t know what’s good for them.
Yes, not sure if you heard the Federal court ruling on the CCFR vs Canada case about the OIC, but, this is an excerpt from it:

"The Governor in Council does not owe a duty of procedural fairness to individual firearm owners who may be affected by the Governor in Council’s exercise of its authority to prescribe firearms as prohibited."

Yeah...

Yes, not sure if you heard the Federal court ruling on the CCFR vs Canada case about the OIC, but, this is an excerpt from it:

"The Governor in Council does not owe a duty of procedural fairness to individual firearm owners who may be affected by the Governor in Council’s exercise of its authority to prescribe firearms as prohibited."

Yeah...

"I don't work for you!" Gee.... why does that sound so familiar....

1698926909933.jpg
" How many of you keep your firearms locked up?"
This guy keeps locked up with his firearm. :ROFLMAO:

I am required by law to lock my guns away when not in use. The gun safe has to be inspected and approved by Police. They are known to perform spot checks to ensure compliance.
the founders of the USA had to write out Constitution with a Bill of Rights with English legal administrative tactics in mind.
Hence no searches without a warrant, and the view point that the people have certain rights, which include arming themselves.

Back