how many of you keep your firearms locked up?

1694547582577.jpg
He should have kept his firearm locked up. :ROFLMAO:

Accents sure. I grew up in Pa and spent time all over the state. You could easily tell when someone was from certain towns in our are of NW pa because of the ancestors who settled there. A drawl in Pa? Nope.

I keep my unloaded 380 Auto in my nightstand top drawer and a loaded clip in the lower drawer under PJs. I did have occasion to load the clip into the gun when someone was trying to open my bedroom window about 2 AM. I loudly told them I have a gun pointed at them and to get the heck way. I cocked the gun and was going to use it if he got halfway through the window. Police lights and flashlights showed up and was told that the Guy had walked out of the the mental ward a the local hospital. I was so grateful I didn't need to use my gun because I would probably end up in cuffs and shackled. +-)) Ed
It’s a magazine.

Do you keep your lamps, kitchen knives and screwdrivers locked up? No? Why not?

Do you keep your belts, zip-ties and duct tape locked up? No? Why not?

I can't stand this latest movement (that is grown through the media) about locking a certain item up.

How about we as a nation get back to dealing with CRIMINALS in a very violent, very publicized, very quick way? Why do criminals get a pass, but a law-abiding person simply exercising their Constitutional Rights get scrutinized? How about stay out of MY HOME, MY CAR and off MY PROPERTY? You are committing a crime if you enter any of those without permission. I'm not committing a crime by having something that I am entitled to own, not locked up!

Right now, they're in a glass faced antique gun cabinet. It is locked but the glass is like 1mm thick lol

Except for a pellet gun in the hall closet for keeping the domesticated rodents out of my yard, all of my guns are locked up - most of the time. The "bump in the night" 9mm is locked up in a pistol safe under the bed. Everything else is in the gun safe - most of the time.

Admittedly, sometimes I leave the cc 9mm in the glove box of my car overnight, in the garage. And other times I will leave the cc 9mm on the computer desk in the kitchen, when it is only the wife and I at home.

By far the most important reason I have gun safes is to protect the grandchildren. It would make me sick if any of my guns were ever stolen, and then used to harm someone. But theft is a distant second place of why I lock up my guns. If I never had children in my home, I doubt that any of my guns would be secured.

If I had no children in the home and lived in a less populated area, I can totally see me having a .22 bolt action rifle, loaded with shorts, on a shelf in the garage. Rural enough, and it would be a 10/22 loaded with LR. Who knows when a coyote or wild cat may wander into the yard.

I've heard that a Baltimore accent can be described as vague southern accent crossed with a south Phillie mush mouth.

I do not currently. I have no kids in the house and I've spent a good deal of money making my home more secure

My problem is that a cheap "safe" is usually not even listed as a safe, its a "RSC" which is a Residential Security Container. In the other room I have my M18 angle grinder, a stack of batteries and a stockpile of disks. So, a cheap "safe" won't do anything. They can open it with the tools provided in the other room.

I am saving up for an AMSEC TL-15 safe, but its well over $8000

I live in a very gun friendly state, no storage laws, we have stand your ground and castle doctrine laws, and we have no children at home. Our guns are never stored in a garage or car, they are either on us and/or in the house judiciously placed for easy access.

2024 is going to be a pivotal year, I recommend you be prepared 😉

Regarding the PA accent, while stationed in the PI I was tasked with making a presentation to a large group in an outdoor arena. Afterwards, a guy approached me and asked if I was from PA. He said his wife was also from PA and we had similar accents. Threw me off because I never heard it as anything different. I do realize though that I say the word water as “warter” and creek as “crick”.

We are required to either have them locked in a safe, or, with a trigger lock. Since they can be stored adjacent to a loaded mag in the safe, that's clearly the better option.

So what do you guys think 2024's going to be like? What's your gut telling you? George Floyd/BLM levels of chaos.. or much more? I suspect crime is going to keep steadily ramping up for the foreseeable future, not including election fallout which will have it's own brand of mayhem.

Then throw in the folks who are just sick of all the BS in general, and it should be good times for all 😉 😜

Locked up--but enough tools are near by to make short work of it, so it really is only locked up for honest folk.

I do keep a pellet gun out, but unloaded. If you can figure it out, and load it, you aren’t a little kid. Which I don’t have around anymore.

[I should start leaving a shotgun out though, daughter is coming of age. One possible “suitor” finds me intimidating, would not want to waste that impression now would I.]

Back