how many of you keep your firearms locked up?

Do you keep your lamps, kitchen knives and screwdrivers locked up? No? Why not?

Do you keep your belts, zip-ties and duct tape locked up? No? Why not?

I can't stand this latest movement (that is grown through the media) about locking a certain item up.

How about we as a nation get back to dealing with CRIMINALS in a very violent, very publicized, very quick way? Why do criminals get a pass, but a law-abiding person simply exercising their Constitutional Rights get scrutinized? How about stay out of MY HOME, MY CAR and off MY PROPERTY? You are committing a crime if you enter any of those without permission. I'm not committing a crime by having something that I am entitled to own, not locked up!

I'd imagine a 22 with flashlight and scope was there for varmint purposes.
I keep mine locked up at the house. Plenty of machetes and other stuff laying around that could kill someone though.

I keep them all locked up to avoid potential legal and moral liability. It's not just criminals, but if you ever invite people to your house. Not all of my friends are firearm-savvy, and sometimes kids come over. There are many ways bad things can happen, some of which are not criminal but simple curiosity combined with ignorance or lack of training. I lock them up to avoid that and gain peace of mind.

I can't stand this latest movement (that is grown through the media) about locking a certain item up.

How about we as a nation get back to dealing with CRIMINALS in a very violent, very publicized, very quick way? Why do criminals get a pass, but a law-abiding person simply exercising their Constitutional Rights get scrutinized? How about stay out of MY HOME, MY CAR and off MY PROPERTY? You are committing a crime if you enter any of those without permission. I'm not committing a crime by having something that I am entitled to own, not locked up!
False equivalency but you already know that.

its not so much about locking them up as it is not the best idea to leave the darn things laying around where someone can just walk away with them.

I was at my brothers house and he had 2 guns in cases out in the corner of the garage.. now his better guns are in the house but I kept thinking if someone got in here ( brother dont lock the garage ever) it wouldn't take nothing to walk away with them and he probably wouldn't even know they were missing..

and thats the point, isn't it? escaped murderer prowling around and it sounds like he just became an armed escaped murderer.

A guy I used to work with who moved to AL from PA used to joke that between Philadelphia and Pittsburg, was Alabama. So maybe it's a regional thing??
yeah, I have a friend from Altoona... and he even jokes about it like that. you have Philly and Pittsburg and you have Pennsytucky, which is pretty much every where in between the 2.

Mine were ALWAYS in a Cannon gun safe with a six digit combination. Three fails on the number and the safe shut down for an hour.

That guy is running through a very nice part of Pa. My grandparents lived in Wilmington and I once asked “PopPop“ where do the really rich people in Wilmington live?…..
He said, “Pennsylvania“!

Back