Chips(for eating)

Originally Posted by spk2000
What's with all the flaming hot chips. Everyone likes misery to follow.
lol.gif

2-way hot. Good stuff.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DriveHard
My weakness as far as chips go...and any derivation.

THESE!!! They should be labeled "Kettle Cooked Crack Snacks".

Its a tie between Tims and Kettle Cooked

The current leader is Tims Hawaiian Maui Onion.

images.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember in the 80s I would buy these kettle cooked BBQ chips called Bob's. Those things were delicious!! I'd only see them in those off the beaten path convenience stores.

Its a tie between Tims and Kettle Cooked The current leader is Tims Hawaiian Maui Onion.

View attachment 24212

They bought the rights to those "Hawaiian" chips from whoever owned the old Granny Goose trademarks. Granny Goose had a factory in Hawaii in addition to their main factory in Oakland. But they had some unique stuff there made in Hawaii including their taro chips.

They bought the rights to those "Hawaiian" chips from whoever owned the old Granny Goose trademarks. Granny Goose had a factory in Hawaii in addition to their main factory in Oakland. But they had some unique stuff there made in Hawaii including their taro chips.

Interesting, Love the Taro chips as well.

On the Tims Hawaiian there is a discount food place here they popped up at and they were half priced from what I normally paid at the normal place. I stocked up on a few bags thinking Id scored a deal.....

The first bag I opened I noticed the chips were darker than when sourced at my normal place - not quite burned, but just enough off to sour the experience, the second was identical....

I'm wondering if Tims sells for lack of a better term - "b" stock product to discount outlets???

Back