Chinese wix vs older American made?

I always wanted too try wix! It's like ultra filtering. Napa golds air filters are rated for 99 5 % efficiency. Right now I'm running a car quest premium it was made in USA. About 2 years now and 10-12000 miles .
China cheapens everything. No offense. That's what they do copy ,then use cheap materials too make what they just copied. So made me wonder if they cheapened wix,thus dosnt filter as good as American made....think it's possible? True?
“China cheapens everything. No offense. That's what they do copy“

Nope. American corporations move their manufacturing there because it’s cheaper. Don’t blame the Chinese. Blame American companies.

“China cheapens everything. No offense. That's what they do copy“

Nope. American corporations move their manufacturing there because it’s cheaper. Don’t blame the Chinese. Blame American companies.
Nope, blame shark investors. American corporations are beholden to the stock holders... and stock holders are greedy short term ROI freaks that will break a company in ten years for a stock bump today.

I think I have seen more problems from Wix with Mexico made filters than China. Wix still has oil filters made in USA, and would have no issues running those, at least for now.

But some of the best looking oil filters I have seen lately are Chinese made by a Chinese company.

Wix is owned by Mann & Hummel same with Purolator. Mann & Hummel as you all know is a global corporation with manufacturing plants worldwide. Why? So not to have a supply chain disruption. Factories need downtime for maintenance and retooling and maybe even upgrading equipment. So if a plant goes into a shutdown the other plants pick up the slack. Mann &Hummel have great QA so not worried about where the air filter comes from it’s what company makes it.

I've got a theory about quality changes when the country of origin changes. If I was saving money by moving production to where labor was cheaper, I'd probably look at cutting other costs too, materials, quality control, tooling, or completely outsourcing it to a 3rd party manufacturer. I don't think I'd build the same plant, incurring the same costs EXCEPT for labor.

I suspect that's the bigger reason quality goes out the window with many of these moves. I believe junk (or wonderful products) can be made anywhere. This is more of what consumers will tolerate situation.
Snap On tools experimented with removing USA from the hand tools, even though they were still made in USA. That was interesting to me with predictable results.

There's a lot to it, look at the cost of a central AC condenser, 2020 vs. 2024, "Made in USA." Is it really that wonderful to pay the delta and be able to say "Made in USA?"

Although, for whatever reason, I do feel that way about cars. And I do insist on displaying the flag on all days it's supposed to be (you barely even see them on July 4th now, maybe 1/10 houses at best, I would love to ask homeowners why that is).

It's a perfect jmoymmv deal.

A couple weeks ago, I was able to find a new Wix 51061 filter in O'Reilly's. Made in USA.

It's a crapshoot on where the filters are made now. You might get one from China, you might get it from the US. Always check what it says on the filter.

I won't buy Wix anymore. When I run out of my stock of OG Fram FS5s for my big block, I'm switching to Baldwin. My Silverado gets FS12447s and my wife's RAV4 gets FE4967s. All Made in USA and are of good quality.

Nope, blame shark investors. American corporations are beholden to the stock holders... and stock holders are greedy short term ROI freaks that will break a company in ten years for a stock bump today.
Nope. Blame the Czar we have in charge and the stupid people who think putting tax hikes on corporations is mystically going to be paid out of the corporations pockets. The increases are paid by the consumer. The corporations move their businesses where it is cheaper for them to operate. And probably with less regulation.

It's a global manufacturing world. Ovet the years I have bought about 7 sets of General Altimax tires for differimg vehicles. I have yet to see a repeat on country of manufacture. They have all performed equally. There is a cool video on youtube building oil filters in S.Korea. Look great.....

Nope. Blame the Czar we have in charge and the stupid people who think putting tax hikes on corporations is mystically going to be paid out of the corporations pockets. The increases are paid by the consumer. The corporations move their businesses where it is cheaper for them to operate. And probably with less regulation.
Yep tax the corporations as much as you want guess who pays the taxes you because the taxes are passed on in the price of the goods and services. People are so dumb believing that businesses will just pay it out right and not pass on the cost.

Back