Come on wix. You can do better.

Bought a couple of filters for the trucks at work. First time I have seen this number made in China. Went to install the fuel /water separator and it won't snap into it's holder.

Opened the other box and same thing.

I have used the made in USA wix filters in the past no problems. Looks like something got lost in the translation from USA to China?

Ordered the motorcraft one.
Made in USA and it fits correctly.
IMG_20230830_110147260.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So long as Mann Hummel owns them nothing is going to get better.
I used the Champion-made Mobil1 filters for many years, now made by Purolator/Mann Hummel. Sorry, no confidence there. I've stopped obsessing about it and now just use the Honda factory filters, fully realizing that they are just a Fram In a blue can, meets Honda's warranty standards. Good enough for the 5k max OCI's I do.

Not happy with Mann Hummel they have really lowered quality in construction and off shored a lot of filters while keeping prices high they were way better when owned by a holding company that was just happy they were making money and hitting goals now not many people happy with them including the biggest account NAPA

Which is funny because euro Mann filters are decent.
Right? The Mann filters for Euro stuff seem really good, and are pretty much all I use on BMWs and VWs. I was a Wix filter user until the last 3 I had leaked almost immediately after install. :( Between that and the prices going higher than ever for "meh" filters the Frams seemed like a better deal.

I think the laughter is the fact that this isn’t the Wix of 25+ years ago. No more Dana, no more Affinia, just Mann & Hummel. Brought to you by the company that ruined Purolator. :poop:
Ruined Purolator? Purolator was sold by ArvinMeritor back in 2005 to Bosch and Mann+Hummel because it produced lackluster sales. The company was a corporate liability and had previously been on the verge of bankruptcy. Here's a news article announcing the purchase:

"In 2006, Arvin, then known as ArvinMeritor, sold Purolator Filters to a joint venture of European filter manufacturers Mann+Hummel and Bosch. Mann+Hummel bought out Bosch's 50% share of their joint venture in Purolator Filters in 2013 taking full ownership of Purolator and renaming it MANN+HUMMEL Purolator Filters."

Purolator wasn't setting any standards when they were bought from ArvinMeritor. I think Bosch saw the writing on the wall and dumped their investment while the getting was good.

Ruined Purolator? Purolator was sold by ArvinMeritor back in 2005 to Bosch and Mann+Hummel because it produced lackluster sales. The company was a corporate liability and had previously been on the verge of bankruptcy. Here's a news article announcing the purchase:

"In 2006, Arvin, then known as ArvinMeritor, sold Purolator Filters to a joint venture of European filter manufacturers Mann+Hummel and Bosch. Mann+Hummel bought out Bosch's 50% share of their joint venture in Purolator Filters in 2013 taking full ownership of Purolator and renaming it MANN+HUMMEL Purolator Filters."

Purolator wasn't setting any standards when they were bought from ArvinMeritor. I think Bosch saw the writing on the wall and dumped their investment while the getting was good.
Purolators don’t impress me. With torn PROTEC’s I’ve saw; not a fan. The Donaldson we saw a virgin cut and post of: I’m in. Got brother few cases for his two GM’s.

And case for my 2 Focus’s.

The pureones from pre mann hummel ,oil filters were rated at 99%@20 microns now under mann hummel are 99%@26 microns. Wix oil filters were it still are? 99%@23 microns. Mann hummel changed purolators efficiency tad bad

Bought some BECK's beer a couple years ago in Fla - tasted like junk, Printed "Bremen, Germany" on the six pack. Fine print read brewed by InBev in Mo. USA. Just read they were hit with a big class action for that in 2015. GOOD!

I guess its Carlsberg for now if I want a Pils? Oops, I guess NO! Just read now brewed by Waterloo in Ontario now. JEEPERS!

Tried some Japanese Sapporo a couple decades ago, it was brewed in Ontario by Sleeman. More Junk.

Was drinking Löwenbräu in the 70's one wonderful coming of age summer. Then suddenly one week the beer tasted like garbage. Come to see in fine print stuff was brewed by Miller in the USA not in Munich.

Recently enjoying RAO's fantastic pasta sauce for a couple years - now even that doesn't taste right. Now I am reading about Campbell soup buyout.

Corporate ruining of great brands.

The pureones from pre mann hummel ,oil filters were rated at 99%@20 microns now under mann hummel are 99%@26 microns. Wix oil filters were it still are? 99%@23 microns. Mann hummel changed purolators efficiency tad bad

If it's that tiny form factor JOKE than many filters are now - that less than 130 sq-in media - I want LOW efficiency.

Have enough oiling problems the past two decades with wet TC, VVT, balancer cartridges and the tiny "Fuel- Filter" sized oil filters run with E10 fuels.

rant ongoing ... ;)

Back