Older wix air filter eBay..use it or no?

Would you guys use this air filter,?it's on eBay.wix USA made! Can't download the eBay image.white yellow cardboard box.seller. Didn't get back to me regarding a date or anything how old it is.
Would this be safe too use!? Compared too a new china made wix air filter?

s-l1600.jpg

Raise the air filter to direct sunlight and see if there are holes on it. The reason, some bugs eat the paper filter element. If there are no holes. it's OK to use it.

I don't understand why some folk choose to compromise some of the most critical and least expensive consumables on their expensive automobile, like motor oil, oil filters, and/or air filters. Just buy a new filter from Walmart and move on. The Made in China FRAM air filters are fine.

I know it could be risky older paper filter.think the new made in china might be not as good though,as American made? Filtering?

I don't understand why some folk choose to compromise some of the most critical and least expensive consumables on their expensive automobile, like motor oil, oil filters, and/or air filters.

Agreed. Seems like an unnecessary risk running such an old filter with unknown storage conditions etc. Not sure what you'd gain over a new one, even if they're made in China...

Back