Chinese wix vs older American made?

Hi all! I was watching project farms air filter test YouTube. Wix performed terrific.followed by Purolator pureone.
It appears wix is showing made in china.
Anyone think the new Chinese made ones will perform as good as the now no more American made air filters? Or avoid the made in china ones? I prefer made in USA.

Likw alot of things the one he showed might have been good. Quality consistency is where Chinese manufacturing lacks.

Hi all! I was watching project farms air filter test YouTube. Wix performed terrific.followed by Purolator pureone.
Anyone think the new Chinese made ones will perform as good as the now no more American made air filters? Or avoid the made in china ones? I prefer made in USA.
Get the Purolator Air Filter!

I always wanted too try wix! It's like ultra filtering. Napa golds air filters are rated for 99 5 % efficiency. Right now I'm running a car quest premium it was made in USA. About 2 years now and 10-12000 miles .
China cheapens everything. No offense. That's what they do copy ,then use cheap materials too make what they just copied. So made me wonder if they cheapened wix,thus dosnt filter as good as American made....think it's possible? True?

I always wanted too try wix! It's like ultra filtering. Napa golds air filters are rated for 99 5 % efficiency. Right now I'm running a car quest premium it was made in USA. About 2 years now and 10-12000 miles .
China cheapens everything. No offense. That's what they do copy ,then use cheap materials too make what they just copied. So made me wonder if they cheapened wix,thus dosnt filter as good as American made....think it's possible? True?
I dunno. Where was your cell phone assembled ?

They can be good, they can be bad. For example, perusing the Meijer Fram clearance air filters, they had 2 that fit my Corolla-one was off-square bad enough to be a parallelogram, the one I bought was perfectly square. Both made in USA. These days, you’re going to have to look at them first!

I dunno. Where was your cell phone assembled ?
I dunno but they all seem to start glitching and become useless every couple of years .

As for filters. That's all done by machines, no people involved really. But where are they sourcing the parts? The paper etc? Locally with questionable quality or are they shipping it in from somewhere else?

I dunno but they all seem to start glitching and become useless every couple of years .

As for filters. That's all done by machines, no people involved really. But where are they sourcing the parts? The paper etc? Locally with questionable quality or are they shipping it in from somewhere else?
Maybe you should purchase a cell phone assembled in the USA. ;)

I've seen some of the best looking filters come out of China. After all the stuff made there over the last couple decades I'm surprised this is even a question. Not that I don't welcome to answer. There's tons of stuff made in China now & the quality is high. But it all depends on your specific filters at the end of the day on which one but if it's a name brand filter like Purolator but simply made in China then no issue. If the brand is jong dong then i'd, probably, pass.. 😂

Shaving stuff! China copies example Gillette tech. Use pot metal not brass . Sell it for $3 and under. Make more money ,because most are willing to pay cheap and not mind it think the quality of the product. So thought,perhaps same with wix
Recent past retail manager o worked with bed bath beyond before closing ..we chatted one morning about this even he said china is smart ..they copy things . The average consumer didn't care about quality,they want it cheap...china kniwd this thus quality is dimished.

No guarantee of being made in USA just because PureOne - I've seen plenty of part numbers made in Mexico and China.

My concern is the china made wix filters might be watered down quality wise,not filter as good as made in USA ones

i would think wherever they are made they would need to meet Wix's quality standards...if they don't that tells me Wix would be to blame...I have no first hand knowledge but have read here and elsewhere about a slip in quality or materials in Wix of late...YMMV

Bill

I found a source of older over sized made in merica wix filters for my wife's car. They go on diesel powered refrigerator units I think and are 50% bigger than the stock filter.
They are actual old school wix that are 20mu rated not the 30mu at 50% made in china junk.

I've got a theory about quality changes when the country of origin changes. If I was saving money by moving production to where labor was cheaper, I'd probably look at cutting other costs too, materials, quality control, tooling, or completely outsourcing it to a 3rd party manufacturer. I don't think I'd build the same plant, incurring the same costs EXCEPT for labor.

I suspect that's the bigger reason quality goes out the window with many of these moves. I believe junk (or wonderful products) can be made anywhere. This is more of what consumers will tolerate situation.

Back