Buying Oil From AMAZON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TTK
It is shipped within 2 days for Prime, not delivered in 2 days. I buy many things from Amazon, but my last order went to Cologne Germany and back, so it took about a week to get it. That was free UPS shipping too.
I'm guessing you live in a small town out in the middle of nowhere?

I placed over 100 Amazon orders last year, Andy yes of course I have prime. Probably 95% of it was delivered within 2 days or less. The rest was an item that told me before checking out might take an extra day or so.

A distributor is at least as convenient, can be cheaper, and isn't anywhere near as likely to botch an order. You don't want to see oil prices on Canadian Amazon. I'd buy from an Amsoil distributor in a heartbeat over Amazon. An Amsoil distributor likely won't be flummoxed by his product lineup, either, and send me the wrong thing.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
I do it all the time. Can't beat not having to leave the house.

^^^^THIS^^^^
That's a great reason for me as well. But, those days are starting to dwindle for me. As my health improves, the more freedom I have to go out and actually shop! I hate being a prisoner to my home.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Most oil I buy from WM or a parts store, but some stuff, like PP 5W-40 has been easier to get from Amazon at a relatively low price. But the prices do fluctuate.

Yes, for me it comes second day. As do most other chemicals.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
Just keep buying everything from Amazon until you realize that it has eliminated your job.

How many people here do you think work retail or warehouse jobs?

I'm sure it's a lot. If my doctors would ever release me I could operate a lift in a warehouse. If I had to.

I bought my last 5 gallon pail of Milesyn SXR5W30 from Amazon. No problem then, as opposed to Walmart's order and pickup which they lost the first time and had to resend, took 3 weeks.

Price locally has to be more than 5% less than amazon though since my Chase card gives me 5% back. I'd rather save my gas and have it sitting on my doorstep.

My local Walmart had a big shelf full of Pennzoil Platinum in different grades for 22.47. I grabbed the jug of 5W30 that was on there as well as 0w20 that was on adjacent shelf. Told the cashier both oils are on the rollback and they honored same 22.47 for both jugs.

I just bought 4 5qt jugs of PUP 5W20 for $24.97 each, delivered 42 hours after I ordered, with free Prime shipping. If I went to UPS to ship 20 quarts of oil in two days, I'd likely pay around $50, so I consider $50 for 4 oil changes (plus I get the Pennz rebates) a pretty darn good deal. If WM has the oil I want in stock, I will usually buy it there; if they don't, Amazon is the hot ticket.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon

How many people use a brick & mortar store to look at a product, like a printer, then order it from Amazon to save a few bucks?
This is just so short sighted.

Those are the same people who probably complain they spend too much money on gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back