Is buying Oil on Amazon safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castrol edge is more expensive online (Amazon included) than in person at Walmart for some reason.

I'm not sure whats going on with Castrol these days distribution wise. Couldn't even find it at Walmart for my last oil change

Sold & Shipped by Amazon is pretty much a guarantee you will get genuine oil. Otherwise there is a risk of counterfeit oil and parts.

Castrol edge is more expensive online (Amazon included) than in person at Walmart for some reason.
Something must have changed. In the past, I'm 100% confident that one site or the other had an active "link" to the other that kept their prices matched, to the penny.

I have in the past. However Amazon co-mingles there stock with their 3rd party sellers that use Amazon to ship. So just because its shipped and sold by Amazon, no longer means its sourced by Amazon.

Walmart does not ship 3rd party sellers stuff, so I go there. As mentioned its usually matched to the penny.

If you don't like walmart, Home Depot has an OK selection of Castrol and will ship orders I think $50 for free?

My go to for oil. I haven’t bought oil at a brick and mortar store in years. Never a problem!

Walmart.com has 3rd party as well.

This edge 0w-20 is sold by AAP for $40

Like I said, Castrol distribution is a mess.

Screenshot_20240203_191555_Chrome.jpg

Walmart.com has 3rd party as well.

This edge 0w-20 is sold by AAP for $40

Like I said, Castrol distribution is a mess.

View attachment 201662
Yes, but its sold and shipped by the 3rd party. Walmart didn't stock it. Anything you get from walmart should have been originally sourced by walmart. With Amazon, generic 3rd party vendor delivers there material, and its stocked on the same shelf as the Amazon owned, and when you order they pick the first one on the shelf, so you are technically unsure of its origination.

I would guess its far less an issue with oil than it would be with say a oil filter or spark plug.

Now in this case its Advance Auto Parts. I ordered some grease from Walmart that was shipped by AAP. They sent it to my house for half what they sold it for in their store. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back