Buying Oil From AMAZON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TTK
The "free 2 day shipping" means it will be shipped within 2 days, but some items will be delivered within 2 days.

No. The "2" means it will be DELIVERED within 2 business days of shipping out, for most items. The time from order to shipping out is undefined, but normally it's done within a day or two.

See video on this page:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/...mp;tag=pda0e-21

If you don't receive it within 2 days of it shipping out or by the "guaranteed delivery date," then you can complain and get comped for it in one way or another.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
Just keep buying everything from Amazon until you realize that it has eliminated your job.

If you are worried about your job then it’s probably going to get automated or roboted away anyway whether Amazon does it or someone else.

Just keep buying everything from Amazon until you realize that it has eliminated your job.

That'll be great. Means it's time to retire.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The last items I ordered went to Cologne Germany then back to US through UPS. Took about a week to receive.
And you think this was intentional and not a mistake? Mistakes happen from time to time.

Of course it was a mistake by UPS, I am not paranoid, so don't assume what "I think". But, I do not receive all orders within 2 days as a Prime member, and others I know don't receive all orders within 2 days. The "free 2 day shipping" means it will be shipped within 2 days, but some items will be delivered within 2 days.

Just call the next time you don't get it in 2 days and they'll extend your Prime.

https://www.dealnews.com/features/How-to-Get-1-Month-of-Amazon-Prime-for-Free/938946.html

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/late-amazon-prime-delivery,review-3982.html

Originally Posted By: PimTac

If you are worried about your job then it’s probably going to get automated or roboted away anyway whether Amazon does it or someone else.

When I lived in Tampa, FL. our company won the contract to convert TAMPA WATER TREATMENT PLANT to automated valves. The effluent and influent valves were anywhere from 18" up to 48." There were misc. bypass valves that were from 6" up to 24." If I remember correctly, there were well over 300 valves that were updated to fully automation. The TWTP lost about 55% of its workforce. And get this, they were mad at us, the pipe fitters!

Originally Posted By: Trav
I buy all sorts of things from Amazons website but rarely from Amazon themselves. Their free shipping without prime sucks (deliberately) and they charge sales tax.

Yes, they'll let things sit for non-prime customers on spite I think. I also look for sellers other than AMZN that will ship free and not charge tax. Many times it will come as fast as being a Prime customer. Ebay has been grabbing quite a bit of my AMZN business lately.

How many people use a brick & mortar store to look at a product, like a printer, then order it from Amazon to save a few bucks?
This is just so short sighted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I buy all sorts of things from Amazons website but rarely from Amazon themselves. Their free shipping without prime sucks (deliberately) and they charge sales tax.

Yes, they'll let things sit for non-prime customers on spite I think. I also look for sellers other than AMZN that will ship free and not charge tax. Many times it will come as fast as being a Prime customer. Ebay has been grabbing quite a bit of my AMZN business lately.

Same here.
thumbsup2.gif

I had oil seep out only once ordering from AMAZON. I lost approximately 1/4 quart. The main annoyance was it got on the other stuff in the box.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I bought my wife an echo dot for Xmas using my amazon account, so she wouldn't know. (She carries Prime.)

Though they claimed it would take eight days, I got it in two, on a Sunday.
smile.gif

Amazon really wanted me to have that bug in my home.
smile.gif

I've ordered many things from Amazon including oil. Usually the jugs (I don't by quarts) are in a plastic bag. I have had 1 jug leak a small amount - PYB (no foil seal).
I usually receive mine next day or 2.
Have an Amazon distribution fairly close as I have ordered and received things in as little as 2 hours, as long as the items are at the center.
I have yet return an item, the leaked jug was the closest thing.

Come Christmas I do my shopping from the recliner so I don't get into the madness shoppers & even the parking goes crazy.
Ah wait.... here comes a Amazon package now via Fast Track............

Most oil I buy from WM or a parts store, but some stuff, like PP 5W-40 has been easier to get from Amazon at a relatively low price. But the prices do fluctuate.

Yes, for me it comes second day. As do most other chemicals.

How many people here do you think work retail or warehouse jobs?

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Amazon is great, what's not to like?

Bezos

Originally Posted By: mclasser
I do it all the time. Can't beat not having to leave the house.

01.gif

i just ordered a jug of pennzoil platinum 0w20 off amazon about an hr ago. wal-mart just raised its price on PP to almost $28. i got it for like $22 or $23 off amazon. also amazon is on pennzoils approved rebate list. oil life is at 18% so it will be getting changed here soon when i get time at work.

I need to build a stash of our for my van. The nearest Walmart is 70 miles away. Amazon offers an advantage in that it can be shipped right to my door step. In addition, my Walmart does not stock Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back