Amazon - Free Shipping Over $xx

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Anyone else notice this lately on Amazon? If you are not a Prime member and not logged in, items show that shipping is free for orders of $25 or more. But when you log-in, the same items then show that shipping is free for orders of $35 or more. What's going on there ... typical Amazon games?

Not Logged In
1692814641754.png

Logged In
1692814678263.png

I noticed that too, but when you log in they raised it to $35 for free shipping for those w/o Prime membership. This started about 2 weeks ago IIRC.
What doesn't make sense is anyone with Prime gets free shipping regardless of the dollar amount of the order. So for those without Prime, the free shipping order minimum shouldn't change when a non-Prime member logs in. Amazon is doing false advertising, or some kind of tactic to try and get people to sign-up for Prime, or who knows with Amazon, lol.

What doesn't make sense is anyone with Prime gets free shipping regardless of the dollar amount of the order. So for those without Prime, the free shipping order minimum shouldn't change when a non-Prime member logs in. Amazon is doing false advertising, or some kind of tactic to try and get people to sign-up for Prime, or who knows with Amazon, lol.
They play games, this is a fairly new one. Occasionally I try and buy tools from Amazon that might be coming from Japan or somewhere in Europe. My account is a business account which ships to my house, they won't ship the item. Even after calling and explaining to them the situation. The solution was to open an account in my wife's name, same address as my account and I can order the items w/o a problem. This new $35 shipping has me shopping on Ebay a little more now.

Amazon is always playing games. They use "dynamic pricing" which means they change prices millions of times a day on millions of product based on demand or inventory or whatever. Bezos claims they don't charge different people different prices but I find that hard to believe. For example - if there dynamic model raises prices at night, there defacto raising prices for working people.

Unfortunately, all your retailer options suck now days.

Amazon is always playing games. They use "dynamic pricing" which means they change prices millions of times a day on millions of product based on demand or inventory or whatever. Bezos claims they don't charge different people different prices but I find that hard to believe. For example - if there dynamic model raises prices at night, there defacto raising prices for working people.

Unfortunately, all your retailer options suck now days.
Different people do pay different prices occasionally, so Mr. B might just be full of it. In the case of my account and my wife's account I have seen many times where there are two different prices for the same item, be it sweatshirts, or screwdrivers. In those situations I buy from the account with the lowest price.

I see $25 for shipping and I'm automatically logged in when getting on Amazon.

View attachment 174548
They must be playing games based on the location of the member. That one is sold by OBDZON and fulfilled by and shipped from Amazon, so maybe that's a factor? I see the number of ratings are different and ad title is different than the one I posed, so not the same exact ad as the one I posted images of.

Last edited:
I've been annoyed a few times recently where my shipping expectation was clearly "tomorrow" and it is automatically overriden to 2 days from now.
Probably one third of the time my orders arrive "late" from Amazon - compounded by the fact that even though I see them delivering in the morning, I get my stuff after dark.

Recently, 3 of 4 Fedex (non-Amazon) deliveries were a day or two late while a cross country ebay purchase was right on time via USPS.

Probably one third of the time my orders arrive "late" from Amazon - compounded by the fact that even though I see them delivering in the morning, I get my stuff after dark.

Recently, 3 of 4 Fedex (non-Amazon) deliveries were a day or two late while a cross country ebay purchase was right on time via USPS.
Everything is late all the time recently. I just had a USPS priority mail package take 3 days to get here from a location in Florida 200 miles away. And yes, 3 full days, I am not counting the day the seller dropped it off. They sent me an email they were "late".

I had UPS bring a package next day air / early AM. They didn't ring the bell or knock - just left a "you weren't here" note". If they had done either I have two little dogs that go nuts. I called the sender, who sends millions a year with UPS, and they reached someone high enough at UPS to make him turn around. Yep, not kidding. When he came the second time I told him had he rang the bell he could have saved himself a trip. He said he rang twice and knocked. I pointed to the little dogs at the window inside going nuts and said there is no way on this earth you rang that bell. It was not our normal UPS guy, so I don't know why in this case - maybe one guy handles the urgent stuff?

Fed ex here is pretty decent - but its the same guy and I think he is a contractor, but there late on occasion as well.

Amazon - forget it. Anything they say will be tomorrow is surely a lie.

I have the Amazon CC great card. Free shipping.

Do you have to actually use it to get the free shipping benefits?
You don't have to use the Amazon CC to get free shipping, but you have to be a Prime member to obtain the CC, so you get the free shipping through your Prime membership. The thing about their CC is that they give 5% back for each Amazon Prime order where the card is used. This can add-up to a pretty significant amount, easily paying for the Prime membership, and then some. They also offer some additional perks along the way, like last December 2022 where they offered 10% cash back on gas/fuel purchases for the entire month. I liked that one!

Did anyone ever notice, when you don't get an item you ordered, i.e. it was never delivered....

After so many days, maybe it's 48 hours after expected delivery, you can request a refund.

When you do so, the entire process asks how you want the refund, AND, how you will return the item. And I do think it says if you get the item, you must return it.

So it's the same old. Generate a UPS label, UPS drop off, UPS pick up. NO KOHL'S.

Does this mean Kohl's is second rate? I think so. Takes much longer for them to get the return I think.

When one is finally done, it says refund has been issued. It also says, "We're expecting your item." And it will also have the same verbiage, must be returned by September, 24, 2023.

It seems that as amazon has grown, they too have gotten sloppy. One should not be told they must return the item by a date, when it was never delivered to begin with. my .02

My point is why would the web or app say you must return an item, when the very reason for the refund, is that you never got it, and they know that based on tracking?

I even googled and it seems to imply they are scaring people who do get the item to discourage them from keeping it, it's not an oversight the way it was designed.

My point is why would the web or app say you must return an item, when the very reason for the refund, is that you never got it, and they know that based on tracking?
Tracking could show it was delivered, and in some cases the package gets delivered to the wrong address that the people who got it just keep it instead of taking it to the proper address. Amazon delivery people are suppose to take a photo of the package when delivered, so if the photo isn't your place than that's proof it was mis-delivered. However, the UPSP sometimes delivers Amazon packages, and if they mis-deliver you're probably out of luck.

I even googled and it seems to imply they are scaring people who do get the item to discourage them from keeping it, it's not an oversight the way it was designed.
If someone gets a full refund for something that wasn't delivered, and then it was actually delivered later, then it's only fair that they either send it back or pay for it. That actually happened with me. The item came way after I got a refund (it was lost in the USPS system and for some reason the tracking was also messed up), and I contacted Amazon and said I want to keep the item and to charge me again for it. It's a karma thing, I wouldn't feel right keeping it and not paying for it.

Tracking could show it was delivered, and in some cases the package gets delivered to the wrong address that the people who got it just keep it instead of taking it to the proper address. Amazon delivery people are suppose to take a photo of the package when delivered, so if the photo isn't your place than that's proof it was mis-delivered. However, the UPSP sometimes delivers Amazon packages, and if they mis-deliver you're probably out of luck.

If someone gets a full refund for something that wasn't delivered, and then it was actually delivered later, then it's only fair that they either send it back or pay for it. That actually happened with me. The item came way after I got a refund (it was lost in the USPS system and for some reason the tracking was also messed up), and I contacted Amazon and said I want to keep the item and to charge me again for it. It's a karma thing, I wouldn't feel right keeping it and not paying for it.
I agree, if an item eventually shows up it should be a requirement if it’s refunded, then delivered. Just weird that they say “we are expecting your return.” The item was shipped via Amazon, so it’s in your logistics system.

I wonder what actually does happen? Did a private driver have it and simply quit?

Prime isn't the "deal" it once was. Years ago, we'd get packages on time and in 2-3 days max. Now, it's 4 days usually with the "we're sorry,your delivery is experiencing a unexpected delay".

I talked to a Amazon driver and Amazon is telling their drivers to literally"slow down the deliveries". Does it make sense? Nope! 🤷

Most of the time I get my packages on time and even days before they should arrive and I dont even have Prime

Back