Interior:
328i-04.jpg

328i-05.jpg

328i-08.jpg

And the bad: The drivers seat (if somebody can explain this wear, please do!):
328i-02.jpg

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Previous owner had a stick up her/his [censored].

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Previous owner had a stick up her/his [censored].

LOL! Oh, and I think somebody had a vent "scent" thing and then buggered the vent removing it (you can see it in the pic). I'm going to try and fix it without breaking it, LOL!

Beautiful car! Looks super clean except for the drivers seat. Wonder how much it would cost to re do the seat in matching leather?
I hope she runs well for you for many more miles!

Looks pretty good, I bet you can get a used seat either from the wreckers or someone dumping the interior for a race seat. There must be some guys using this vintage of car for ice racing and track thrashing already.
I'll be watching with interest on how this car works out for you. Its kind of a scary car in terms of potential maintenance and repair costs, but it might work out quite well too.

Looks like a good buy for $3400....looks like it is just a very well-used DD, not an abused/boy-racer car.

Engine bay is especially clean.

For the price paid, I think this car will work out well. "Holy cow" on that driver's seat. Never seen one like that before.

Overall, a clean-looking car. I would expect no less of a purchase from a knowledgeable car guy. This, too, is one of my favorite generations of BMW 3-series. The combination of economy and performance out of this car is hard to beat.

Congratulations on a great price on what should be a nice little driver.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Looks pretty good, I bet you can get a used seat either from the wreckers or someone dumping the interior for a race seat. There must be some guys using this vintage of car for ice racing and track thrashing already.
I'll be watching with interest on how this car works out for you. Its kind of a scary car in terms of potential maintenance and repair costs, but it might work out quite well too.

I've already been in touch with a guy who deals with used BMW stuff to try and get a seat for it
smile.gif

I replaced the turn signal bulb today, was very straight forward.

Coolant was down about 1/2L which isn't bad. Topped with some BMW blue. The cap was a little crusty on the seal, so I'm thinking that is where the loss may have come from. There are no other signs of a coolant leak, and no smell. And the loss is very minimal.

I cleaned up the sealing surfaces and re-used the cap. We'll see how it works.

The brakes in daylight look new all around. This was surprising.

I think the biggest PITA is going to be the window regulator.

You know those models have a specific bleeding method for topping off coolant so as not to blow expansion tank, engine cold, ignition key on but engine not running, temperature set to max on display, fan speed set to low, and remove bleed screw on upper rad hose by the filler cap. Fill till it pours ot the bleed screw hole, then put screw back in. Car looks nice, try www.e46fanatics.com website for lots of help.

Originally Posted By: vintagegz
You know those models have a specific bleeding method for topping off coolant so as not to blow expansion tank, engine cold, ignition key on but engine not running, temperature set to max on display, fan speed set to low, and remove bleed screw on upper rad hose by the filler cap. Fill till it pours ot the bleed screw hole, then put screw back in. Car looks nice, try www.e46fanatics.com website for lots of help.

Engine was stone cold, I used the little "rod" float as my gauge, as the procedure mentioned by BMW.

Nice car
thumbsup2.gif
, now you just need to get the Mustang back on the road to keep those German cars in line.
grin.gif

cool Bimmer!

I wonder if you can find a pair of used E46 (or similar) BMW sports seats and install them...they should fit, AFAIK

They are great, and a big step up from non-sport seats
...that way you can get a new seat AND an upgrade...

I'd definitely go to E46fanatics.com and look at the 'for sale' sections...

I'll see what the slight more local guy has first. It is much easier for me to pick something up in the GTA than to try and get it from the states.

for tires, Conti DWS is a great All season tire with good snow abilities and has a great rep.

I have them on my 330Ci and I love them...sure they are not for super sharp handling, but brings a nice balance between handling and great wet/snow handling...

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
OK...

.perhaps you will luck out and those seats might be the sports type...(better side bolsters and extendable thigh supports)

That would rock
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
for tires, Conti DWS is a great All season tire with good snow abilities and has a great rep.

I have them on my 330Ci and I love them...sure they are not for super sharp handling, but brings a nice balance between handling and great wet/snow handling...

I was thinking of these:

Michelin Exalto A/S

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
It looks nice, but for the same amount of money I would of bought a Corolla.

Sigh, for the same amount of money I'll have to buy a Corolla... I doubt the BMW is going to anywhere as cheap to run as a Corolla but if Overkill manages to keep it on the road for a reasonable amount of money, I'll be taking notes! Sounds like he's going to drop $800 for tires to start but that's optional I guess. For $800 I could get new snows, new summer tires and a set of used r-comps for a corolla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back