Best Protein Drink Mix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RamFan
You're probably more fitted for a meal replacement given what you're looking to use the product for. However, there are a couple of protein powders that border the line between straight protein shake and meal replacement.

I've been a big fan of BSN Syntha-6 for something like this. Provides a blend of proteins from Whey to Casein for a steady stream of absorption. Depending on the flavor, has roughly 6g of fat as well so it should keep you a bit more satiated than a typical protein power. It's a little pricey but if you buy off Amazon or Bodybuilding.com you can get some good prices. The wife just bought a 2.5lb tub of the Peanut Butter flavor from Amazon for $26 shipped.

GNC is significantly overpriced, they're a good place to stop in and skim the shelves to do research but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy from them.

I used to do the BSN Syntha-6. They downsized the packaging, and for the past year or so I've been sipping the cheap Walmart Body Fortress protein powders, the ones that say 60g and 12g BCAA for two scoops. Not the Muscletech one. I find it okay, hard to tell if it is helping and I am sure the BSN is a better shake, only off Amazon, but I am due to replace it soon. Maybe back to the BSN I go.

GNC is the worst shopping experience, I do not know how anyone shops there, high pressure and everything. They also want you to buy two of everything. No go.

Redcon1 is what I use. The MRE is like a whole meal replacement so they say. I'm 250 and 6'1 and lift quite heavy on a regular basis. Redcon1 has the best tasting protein powders by far. My top favorites are dutch apple pie and the new key lime pie. I need to watch my calorie and carb intake so I use the lite versions. Give it a try...

I do it with Snickers and coffee and lots of water... And Gatorade. Thankfully, I don't work that hard any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back