Best oil for a hybrid?

Revrick

Just purchased a 2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring, which is a hybrid. Any recommendations on oil? I generally go with Mobil 1 0-20 for most all of my recent cars. However, now I have a fully-electric Mustang and the Corsair.

I have a hybrid Ford Maverick I am using Mobil 1 0-20. Mobil said it is good for 10,000 miles but I will not run that far before changing. I will go by the oil change computer and change when it gets to 25%.

I too, have a ‘22 Ford Maverick Hybrid. Also, use Mobil 1 0W20EP. I put 210,000 miles on a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Same engine, same oil.

In your Corsair, you have the same 2.5L Hybrid engine as we have. However, your Corsair’s curb weight is a good 700-800 lbs more than our vehicles. I would consider bumping up to a Mobil 1 0/5W30 if I were lugging around that extra weight on the same engine all the time. That is, if I were out of warranty, and wished to keep that car long term.

I too, have a ‘22 Ford Maverick Hybrid. Also, use Mobil 1 0W20EP. I put 210,000 miles on a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Same engine, same oil.

In your Corsair, you have the same 2.5L Hybrid engine as we have. However, your Corsair’s curb weight is a good 700-800 lbs more than our vehicles. I would consider bumping up to a Mobil 1 0/5W30 if I were lugging around that extra weight on the same engine all the time. That is, if I were out of warranty, and wished to keep that car long term.
How many miles do you have on the Maverick?

How many miles do you have on the Maverick?

Not many. About 8,000. It is only used as a “Town Car” 😂. Home Depot runs, runs to the dump and a fishing vehicle. It is better to transport smelly fish in a truck bed instead of an SUV. Ask me how I know.

I was fortunate to get this one at the Ford “A” plan (after fighting with the dealership). 40-48 mpg in town, depending on ambient temperatures.

Ironically, our other vehicle is a lease Corsair. Used for trips.

Not many. About 8,000. It is only used as a “Town Car” 😂. Home Depot runs, runs to the dump and a fishing vehicle. It is better to transport smelly fish in a truck bed instead of an SUV. Ask me how I know.

I was fortunate to get this one at the Ford “A” plan (after fighting with the dealership). 40-48 mpg in town, depending on ambient temperatures.

Ironically, our other vehicle is a lease Corsair. Used for trips.
If you ever get a chance see if your window sticker under options list 2.91 gears.
I'm getting phenomenal mpgs and so far I'm the only one I know that has that listed under the options.
Last pages of " Let's Talk New Vehicles" here if you haven't looked.

Lot of those Ford Escape hybrids did > 400,000 miles on the original motor in NYC yellow taxi fleets (before Uber/Lyft came in).
I'd bet they didn't get anything special in the oil department.

Back