Motorcraft synthetic blend vs full synthetic

I'm looking for information on Motorcraft oils. The normal everyday Motorcraft oil used by dealerships is a synthetic blend. Ford and Motorcraft sell full synthetic versions of the oil.
Is there any real testing data with results of the comparisons of the synthetic blend vs the full synthetic counterpart?

I just recently purchased a new Lincoln Corsair with the 2 l EcoBoost. For the first 4 years or 50,000 miles of ownership I get complimentary concierge service from Lincoln. I prefer to do my own oil changes but given the service and warranty maybe I will let them do it.
If it's a synthetic plant I think I'm going with no more than a 5,000 mile change interval. Considering paying extra for full synthetic oil version.
Oil spec is 5W-30 or alternative OW-30. OW-30 recommended in extreme cold. I can't even see where Motorcraft even offers a 0w30 oil.

Personally if doing it myself I will use Castrol Edge or Mobil 1 variety.

Motorcraft oils blend or full synthetic are great oils. You could find equal or better for less though. If there’s a maintenance section in the owners manual you can perform your own service that’s mule nuggets that doing your own maintenance will void warranty.

The dealer may use synblend, but I doubt it. I read somewhere the 2024s all have full synthetic. . Regardless, whenever you do the oil changes, buy full synthetic and any of the EP brands are what I recommend. Pennzoil calls their EP version/near equivalent, Ultra Platinum.

Enjoy that Lincoln. I'd love to trade my Santa Fe for that Corsair.

Back